PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have any of the dr grabow colors?

Im hoping somone has the color im searching for, apart from one on ebay~ Lots of red and lots of blue, but no yellow or green, witch happens to be what im looking for.

If anyone is getting rid, selling ect a green grabow id love if someone could point me in the right direction, HOPEFULLY it will be a good present to my girlfriend who just got INTO pipe smoking.

thanks in advance guys!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Can't help you with the Grabows, rory, but take a look at Iwan Ries site and their Ewa pipes, which come in a color or two,

and are pleasantly designed and would work well for a woman pipe smoker without being cutesy. They are really small

pipes, but I find small pipes can give a good 15 or 20 minutes smoke, or better with flake. I think your girlfriend might

really like one of these. Another small pipe that might work well is the Peterson Belgique. If your girlfriend is just starting

pipes, I'd suggest some light, mild and pleasant aromatics like Lanes LL-7/vanilla/caramel, or Altadis Queen Anne's Revenge,

Va/bur/Cav with rum, which has an especially pleasing room note. I don't think either of these would put her off, and they

are both sold in bulk, so you could buy a small quantity until you find out what she prefers.

mromagna

Lurker
Aug 4, 2014
If you find a pipe I can make it green. That's my color speciality. Send me a PM and I can send you some example pics.

peteguy

Lifer
Jan 19, 2012
I just gave my wife a Green Color Grabow this past weekend. I had it laying in a drawer forever and finally got off my dufus and cleaned it up. She doesn't smoke but likes the vintage 70's stuff. I got it at a garage sale I think. I have seen them in red, blue, white, green, yellow and orange. Good luck in your search.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Green Grabows are kinda hard to come by,the yellow also. Medico made a painted line called "Spectrum" and another called "Bold Rebel" which looks like it might have been painted by a 60"s flower child.

Grabow made some Painted pipes for Dowe Egbert called "Color DE".

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
... I went back and looked at the Ewa's on Iwan Ries, and they don't have multiple colors, only green, and the

traditional black and brown. However, they are nice light weight small pipes that might appeal to your girlfriend.

They look graceful and are great clenchers.

roryrumfelt

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2014
The Ewas look good! yeah she has taken to c'est la vie french vannilia, HH ten to midnight and sail.

the Bold Rebel cool! that one would be more for me hahaha~ personaly i only want yellow or traditional colored pipes.

not that they arent cool lookin!

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
This is a Bold Rebel I used to have.I've seen them in several color combinations.--

bold-rebel-001-1024x768-600x450.jpg

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Get in touch with Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint, Michigan.
http://www.paulpipeshop.com
The place is literally wall to wall pipes, and a mecca for NOS items.
When I was in there a month ago, he had a whole bunch of Color Viscounts. I myself bought a Blue Viscount Bulldog.
Pretty sure he had green ones as well, as he asked if I was a Michigan State Spartans fan. (The two huge college teams in Michigan are the Spartans who are green, the University of Michigan Wolverines who are blue).

Status
Not open for further replies.