Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Dr. Bob Kiess. Dr. Bob is a general practitioner, family doctor, and an artisan pipe maker. He has been making pipes for about 15-years, and he is a medical doctor that says pipe smoking isn't bad for you. In "Pipe Parts", Brian will talk about Latakia tobacco, and specifically go over an article by Steve Fallon published in the recent version of The Pipe Collector.
west-coast-pipe-show-80-350.jpg

Dr. Bob

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I bought a Dr. Bob pipe at the Chicago Show. He makes some mighty fine pipes, and he's a fine chap to talk to. As kcghost said, one of the true gentlemen in the hobby., his rustication technique is unique.
128de81b9e036707c2b22f705825ad6f_zps599f2d48.jpg

jhhicks

Lurker
Jul 3, 2013
Indiana
Truly enjoyed this show. Perhaps it's because I got to listen to it with my brother (Yay vacation!) while sitting in the Smokey Mountains.
I have to agree that bent pipes the pass the cleaner test smoke better. I don't have an opinion on the latakia bit bc I'm a VA and VaPer guy.
Dr. Bob was a pleasure to listen to this week. He's right about second hand smoke. As a life long asthmatic, second hand smoke has never bothered my lungs... Even in packed bars.
I wonder if Jimmy Johnson knows that you can't stand him ;-)
Happy and cool smokes!

Status
Not open for further replies.