PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightywon

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 4, 2014
New member. Been piping on and off for about 8 years but really diving back in trying to kick the cigs. Sitting here trying to break in 2 new pipes at the same time. Only half bowls and trying to slow it down so I'm going back and forth. Was wondering if anyone ever switches back and forth between 2 pipes during 1 session. Maybe an English and a Virginia? Anyone hit 2 pipes at the same time even? Thinking about trying it.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Even three pipes at once is better than cigs ... keep up the effort on quitting and welcome to the forum!

latbomber

May 10, 2013
Never done that, but you could try layering the tobaccos for a similar effect.

mustanggt

Dec 6, 2012
When the weather gets warmer I use two pipes to let one cool down while I smoke the other. Takes a lot of concentration on my part to keep things cool.

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I had a experience once. I do love english blend and aromatic blend too.

But since I do seperate pipes by blend I smoked two pipe in a onetime english and aromatic.

Result was not that good. I couldn't detect what is english or aromatic. Only a funny taste.Not worth to try.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think I'd smoke the pipes one at a time. Don't be in a hurry to break in the pipes. You'll get there.

Part of pipe smoking is to take your ease and "invite your spirit."

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
I've done two before to break in the pipes, but I do them back to back rather than alternating. I have a little one so I only have one time during most days to smoke, so if I have pipes to break in that how I do it.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
I'm obviously perverted enough to have opened this thread just like the rest of you!
Two pipes at once, better one at a time. And pipe breakin is the result of smoking the pipe, not an objective in itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.