PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjtannen

Can't Leave
Jan 3, 2011
Let's not get carried away with ourselves. Big brother has a lot of more pressing big fish to fry in the good 'ol USA before they raid our man caves for pipe tobacco. For starters ATF will probably work on high capacity magazines. Even those are horses out of the barn. Our biggest problem should only be a crazy guy smoking his pipe outside a Safeway.

schmitzbitz

Lifer
Jan 13, 2011
Port Coquitlam, B.C.
Suddenly the ridiculous tobacco taxes I am forced to deal with as a Canadian seem pretty tame (although I'll be back to bitching about it to anyone who will listen within the hour).

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Indeed there are bigger fish to fry by Big Brother. They are keeping the tax increase on the back burner it seems. Mayhaps they will leave it there and let it die out.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
This is what obama care is intended for...2000+ pages, didn't even read it before they passed it.

....ok, I'm done.

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
The government shall never take away my tobacco! Or my high-capacity magazines, for that matter. I only hope they don't try, because a whole of involved participants wouldn't be going home. Including me.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
That is hilarious that you are going to blame Obama for what is happening halfway around the world.

riverchaopraya

Might Stick Around
Jan 1, 2011
Just to set record straight. The report was sloppy. Of course I'm opposed to the government policy in Bhutan regarding tobacco use. But I can say for certain that tobacco smoking has nothing to do with Buddhist concept of Karma, and it's NOT considered good or bad karma to smoke or not smoke. Buddhist monks in Thailand can and often smoke in public. Reporters should check their facts, Buddhism is not that exotic or illusive anymore. So many sources of valid informations, they should bother to check.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
The are some Buddhists that would say that it is not productive to the path of Enlightenment, and therefore there is no need to indulge in it. For there is only that which is productive, and that which is not . . .though these Buddhists would be some serious hypocrites if they had any involvement in the government what-so-ever since the first step of the path, indeed the entire path of a monk -- is renunciation.
But I'm sure some guy who happened to be Buddhist called it bad Karma, and reporters almost never make such distinctions -- ergo what was written.
But on to the important bit of the matter. . ..
I hate this world more and more every day. Thank heavens for you lads -- just a few people to remind me not everyone is out of their minds, and not in the fun way either. Some of you lads are in the fun way of course -- but that's an entirely different matter all-together heh heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.