PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I been seeing alot of comments in different places about Old Timers smoking Tea Leaves when they used to run out of Baccy years ago. I also been reading alot about how Green Tea is so very good for the body. Add them together and I came up with a huge brainstorm (more like brainfart!) I picked up a bit of Green Tea Leaves at the Health Food Store, they were nice and dry. I loaded them in the pipe, lit em up and.............. NEVER DO THIS lolol. Oh well, it was fun to try.

barkar

Lifer
Apr 17, 2012
Add them together and I came up with a huge brainstorm (more like brainfart!)
:rofl:

jonahtke

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2012
You must have missed out on my "tobacco alternatives" thread, in which I described the oh so large mistake of smoking anything other than tobacco.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm going to remember the title of this thread every time I smell a chocolate bar, or a cup of tea, and it makes me go "Hmmmmmm....?"
I've never done it, but contemplated it for sure...

scotrob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 24, 2011
@barkar
or how about smoked fish? like a kipper? if you thought the smell of burning tea leaves was bad this would take it to a whole new level

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
I discovered many years ago that Lipton Orange Pekoe tea, smells a lot like marijuana when burning. Not the same, but similar enough that it will cause folks to make that assumption.

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
nsfisher said:I been seeing alot of comments in different places about Old Timers smoking Tea Leaves when they used to run out of Baccy years ago.
I've seen that some where to. Does any one know what the deal with all that was? I mean, if nsfisher said it was awful, why would people do it?

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
I guess if I was in Rural area and run out of baccy and stores were all closed till morning........ but now-a-days, there is always a store open 24hrs.

However, when I was an early Teen, used to get together with friends and no smokes, so we would roll almost anything up in brown paper and smoke it. Cotton Wood leaves, pine needles, spruce bark etc.....

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I was in a bind once and chopped up an old cigar.... I do not recommend that either in a pipe. 8O

romanza10

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 10, 2012
South Carolina
rigmedic1 said:I was in a bind once and chopped up an old cigar.... I do not recommend that either in a pipe.
That makes more sense than busting open Tetley tea bags. Heck, if all you had was old cigar butts or stale cigars, in a desperate enough situation it might be just what was needed. You know, if it was the Apocalypse or something. 8O

Status
Not open for further replies.