PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Now, now. Domestic life has always meant a long process of adjustments. I've lived alone as a widower

and discovered that I'm not the best roommate to myself. Better with a mate. My wife buys me pipes,

doesn't hammer on them, and that helps.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
My pipes are tolerated. Some of my tobaccos are not. I nod, agree, and then smoke stuff that's banned/in rooms that are off-limits when she's out. I have all the windows open and an identified escape route that leads directly to the car. It's risky but also exciting and she hasn't left yet.
Andy

joeval

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2013
Nope, none pass the indoor test. Not even close! But, my pipes are tolerated by the missus, so I'll take what I can get...

wilson

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2013
insists that I document what the pipes are worth for insurance and estate considerations
Insurance? Estate considerations? I'd be worried if I were you!

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Oh wow! That ad dates from the great post-WWII propaganda era, when women were subservient domestic creatures--whose purpose in life was to maintain a house, meet every one of their husband's needs, and provide "companionship' that led to the spewing out of children. Such an action in real life would likely have led to domestic violence--which was still "acceptable" at the time.
The PC on this forum is getting worse. With the birth rate in western countries lagging even mere replacement rate, I hope your replacements treat you as well as we are treating ours. And there are plenty of woman who would take issue with your belittlement of the most amazing act of "spewing" out children... mine included, who is reading this and shaking her head.

Mar 31, 2014
Insurance? Estate considerations? I'd be worried if I were you!
Seriously! Some people are extra cautious, others have plans. Might wanna look into that :wink:
My husband and I both smoke outside only and that's how we both like it. BUT, if we're in town and haven't finished a bowl or a cigar, we'll smoke in the car on the drive home. ANd, if we had a garage, you can bet we'd have us a little smoking lounge in there!

daimyo

Lifer
May 15, 2014
My wife is awfully understanding of my habits. Since I smoke outside, room note is not as important to me. I still like some aro's but not because she will throttle me for a lat blend. I let them cool and clean them before I bring them in and put them on my stand or in their sock. If I am smoking around the public, then I try and stay aro. More for the advancement of the hobby than anything. Some folks who hate smoking still like the smell of some yummy pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.