PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Of course the FDA regs relate to pipes, inasmuch as it has huge impact on tobacco. But is there anything in the current regs that applies to the sale of tobacco pipes? It appears to me not, but I'm not exactly a legal mind. I have a superabundance of pipes, but if I could never buy another, I'd like to know.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Hak- Do you not have some indigenous folks' blood? If so, perhaps you can get tax and other exemptions. But I love it when anyone says he's growing his own. Right on!

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Don't really know what impact this will have so I ordered a bag of MM cob seconds just to be on the safe side. Hey, I'm a prepper, what can I say.
Now I've done it: "666."

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
The short answer is yes. Pipes are specifically named as a product coming under FDA approval. As I recall, they are banning metal pipes and stone pipes. My guess is that they relate these pipes to use for other, non tobacco, substances, such as opium. As for briar or other materials, there's nothing spelled out in specific terms. That's to come.

hakchuma

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
yep I have Choctaw. Not full blood but it's a very important part of my life. Speaking the language is the most important aspect of being Choctaw. Play the flute. Etc. I suppose I often think differently than most what it means to smoke tobacco.
Not sure about tobacco regulations but I've been taking advantage of their education program for years. Obama care free which is not a benefit really.
Grow your own, why the hell not right? Of course until the ATF comes and points a shotgun in my face., when I'm 87 years old lol... It wouldn't surprise me.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Perhaps you can conceal it among the marijuana plants! Ain't it strange?
What are you smoking? Oh, Smyrna from Std. Of PA? You need to come down town with us...
What's that in your pipe? Oh, Jamaican bliss?? OK, have a nice day....

zekest

Lifer
Apr 1, 2013
Pipes are a "Nicotine Delivery System" (NDS) no different than a paper tube, vaporizer, or bong.

Didn't Kevin post on another thread, that was extremely exaggerating the FDA thing, that the FDA had not targeted pipes? Yes, I have heard that head shops were getting antsy about how their drug pipes have to be spoken of as "tobacco" pipes in the shops (in the news) but I haven't heard that this was FDA related. I have heard that the FDA is making its biggest move into plastics used in food storage and packaging. This apparently is taking up a lot of their resources, at least he moment, by taking on the mega plastics producers.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The plastics in food regulation could take years and years ... and years. Perhaps a few million tobacco pipe smokers will be forgotten, to carry on in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.