PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I would be willing to bet that peck has no freaking idea how many pipes he has. peck, what is the number and how many are unsmoked? You can tell us we won't bust your balls. Yeah right.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Pecks Head of Security for his pipes.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
After seeing his "man cave", reading his well penned thoughts and knowing that he is a member of the bar, I would bet he can tell you exactly how many pipes he has. I suspect he has the material available so as to be able to tell you the date purchased, the vendor, exact amount of loonies spent, etc. Further, I would bet he has a chart which shows the location of each pipe (cabinet, shelf, row, and position), the date and time it is to be smoked next along with what jacket and cap to wear.
Nor, I would not be surprised to learn that he has a matrix which shows which tobaccos are to smoked in which pipes depending on the moon phase.

May 31, 2012
I used to try and keep count,

but I gave up.
In my estimate,

he's got at least five unsmoked Werner Mummerts!

:P
No telling, what else.
:eek:

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Let's guess, then: 365 is my w.a.g.; 366 in leap years.
Perhaps with fewer grammatical errors, Peck will reply with a number! Who knows? (Besides The Shadow)

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Warren, I would agree with you but for a thread about Peterson Mark Twain pipes. As I recall, in that thread he explained that he found in a closet a Mark Twain pipe he did not remember having.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Having an inventory might take all of the fun out of it. Nothing like finding four or five Dunhills you've forgotten about. I'm seeing a splice but no comma. I think that one's called a run-on sentence. My late wife was an English prof. Frankly, while not the owner of many breathtaking artisanal pipes, much less a beautiful stone barn in which to keep them, I'm not sure exactly how many burners I have -- north of 80, but I'm not sure how far north.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
12 of each major top end factory pipes, 12 of each shape therefrom, and 12 each of 50 year old+ estate pipes, on top of 12 from each top carver.... OK, that's way more than one a day.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
peck, judging from the fact that you are skirting the answer, one can only assume my theory is correct.
Yes peck is fanatic about his tobacco, but he is only one man. With the amount of time it takes to keep track of a thousand pounds of tobacco, no way can he keep track of his pipes. I bet he has 50 buried in his closet, and he never took them out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.