Does MM Mark Twain Smoke As Good As Country Gentlemen?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
Howdy all.
Does MM Mark Twain Smoke As Good As Country Gentlemen? I really like the MM Country Gentlemen which is a great smoker and got another one of the MM cob pipe. Didn't like it at all! Is the Mark Twain a good smoker? I like the look but that was what made me purchase the other one which I found to be a horrible smoker!

Thanks

phxrock

Can't Leave
Aug 18, 2014
I have both I smoke the Gent more if I'm out lunting. The Twain I smoke when I'm home lounging. For me the Twain is on the heavy side to clench. So what was the other cob you had.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Does MM Mark Twain Smoke As Good As Country Gentlemen?
I prefer the Mark Twain for flakes, especially Virginia, and the CG for more complex blends.
The Diplomat, both 5th Ave and Apple shapes, are also top notch Cobs.
Good luck and happy smokes! :puffy:

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
I prefer the Gent,but enjoy the Twain quite a bit. I think the only reason I reach for the Gent more is because of how it fits my hand. Haven't had a bad smoke in either, though.

davedan

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2015
I have both I smoke the Gent more if I'm out lunting. The Twain I smoke when I'm home lounging. For me the Twain is on the heavy side to clench. So what was the other cob you had.
The "Elf" Cobbit - perhaps it just wasn't for me?

weezell

Lifer
Oct 12, 2011
Out of all my MM Cobs, the ones I reach for first are the Missouri Meerschaum Missouri Prides. I just LIKE them... :puffy:

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I have and love both. Get one of each. They are cheap.
+1 also for the Diplomats.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
For around a dollar, you could order a regular MM stem that would fit your Cobbitt Elf and turn it into a regular non-churwarden pipe. That's what I would do, so I wasn't stuck with a cob I couldn't use.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
I have both and love the Gent. But the Twain just smokes flakes really well. I chop the flakes up in an old coffee bean grinder, a la The Pipestud. Works for me, but you have to have a light hand on the grinder button.
Back to the Twain: It is a great smoker!

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Twain my favorite by far. But I seem to like them all. But Twain is my #1 one favorite with Forever Stem.

Status
Not open for further replies.