PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I've seen a couple of people say this blend will ghost a pipe, and another say it won't do any more ghosting than Anni Kake, which disappears from your pipe after three or four bowls of another blend. I'd like to hear more opinions on this before I decide whether or not to smoke any in a briar.

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
I'm a big fan of Classic Burley Kake. It's a light aromatic that will, to a small degree, ghost a briar. In my experience, however, that ghost is pretty easy to remove by simply smoking a few bowls of something else through it after a good reaming. My palate isn't exactly sensitive, however, so I'm curious as to what everyone else has to say...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Well, I've smoked three bowl in a meer so far. I think this blend is less intense than Anni Kake, so maybe I'll try it in a briar. If AK goes away after a few bowls of another blend, maybe CBK will, too?

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
I've been through around 6 ounces of CBK now ... I really like it in a cob (surprise).
Minor ghosting that will definitely go away after a couple bowls - I use CH to "deghost".
This blend, along with AK, are two of my favorite aro's from H&H.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Jim, I've been following this thread since you posted it. Let us know what you think after smoking it in a cob or new briar.

I'm betting that the ghost will be barely noticeable even through a soft all-Virginia blend.
BTW -- and this is not too far off topic -- P&C has a garage sale on Stanwell Harlekin briars for $15 apiece.

They are reportedly very tiny, but they could be good for testing blends if one has cob-a-phobia.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Cobguy: I smoked some in a cob late last night, and thought the cocoa taste was more lively than in a meer. It was very enjoyable, and will dedicate that cob to this tin of CBK, along with a couple of other pipes.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Glad you enjoyed it jiminks!
I love the way this blend can toggle between cocoa and then almost a vanilla / rum flavor while that classic nutty burley taste keeps it all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.