Pipes Magazine » Pipe Tobacco Discussion

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Does Anyone Here Smoke Blue Note?

(8 posts)
  1. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm not an aromatic smoker. But I used to be active on the forum at Pipes.org, and it seemed like all the aromatic folks there always praised Blue Note. But I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned here at all. So, I'm just curious: Any Blue Note fans here?

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. shaintiques

shaintiques

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I like it, it is a nice mellow smoke. I actually have a vintage tin, 2002, of it up for sale on Briarbid. I'm selling it and other stuff to pay for some hiking gear.

I know what I need, smoke, I can't recall the last time I tasted it....Gandalf in the mines of Moria.

"we shall have to share pipes, as good friends must at a pinch'....'I keep a treasure or two near my skin, as precious as rings to me. Here's one: my old wooden pipe. And here's another an unused one...He held up a small pipe with a wide flattened bowl, and handed it to Gimli. 'Does that settle the score between us', said Merry. 'Most noble hobbit, it leaves me deep in your debt."
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I think it has a twin in "Bear Blend" from Boswell's

By the eternal! There is a man whose form should be cast in deathless bronze and the statue placed in every college in the land. It is not book-learning young men need, nor instruction about this and that, but a stiffening of the vertebrae which will cause them to be loyal to a trust, to act promptly, concentrate their energies; do the thing - "carry a message to Garcia!" Elbert Hubbard "A Message to Garcia" 1899
    Posted 1 year ago #
  4. lazybugger

lazybugger

Login to Send PM

a couple of us here do .... we foundly refer to it as panty dropper ... might have to give that bear blend a try now hahaha

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. dhizzy

dhizzy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey Lazy...sent you a PM

Posted 1 year ago #
  6. nightmarejones

nightmarejones

Login to Send PM

I have a B&M knock off and it is my latest favorite.very smooth and stays lit..Even when it is a little moist.

Posted 1 year ago #
  7. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Just curious: Since Blue Note is still in production, I'm wondering why some of you are choosing knock-off versions rather than the original.

Posted 1 year ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I found some from tobacco galleria its pretty good stuff. Havent tried the original so I cant compare the 2. I think it was around 4$ for a pouch. They also have a blend called fox and the hound that I liked as well. it was 4.99 for 100g

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   4noggins, conlejm, rsuninv, mrenglish, andystewart, davidsasson, bigvan, pipetradition