PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I think I need a pair to keep my Ray Bans company. Shwood makes all their sunglasses out of wood. There is even a line made out of Bushmills whiskey barrels. Here is the website if anyone wants to look at them.

shwood-canby-wooden-sunglasses-rosewoodmpl-greypol_1024x1024.png

Here is a video they made in a colaboration of Pendleton Woolen Mills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c37oZ1QoBT0
Here is the Bushmills Whiskey Sunglasses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI7kjU1F_Aw
Hope you enjoy!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I was surprised you were the only comment. Maybe it is the title. They are so cool and the craftsmanship is very good. If a MOD sees this can you change the title to Whiskey Barrel Wooden Sunglasses. Thanks

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Interesting, I like the style. I'm not sure how well they would hold up to sweat? (inside the temples). I only buy sunglasses with wire core temples, so I can customize the fit. Guess I better stick with my Raybans.

fnord

Lifer
Dec 28, 2011
Topeka, KS
Love the Ray Ban look, Photo. I'm a Wayfarer II guy and have been for almost 20 years. (The Vuarnets piss me off so I pay a premium for the vintage G-14s on the bay and am happy to do just that.)

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I either loose or break all my sunglasses, so I tend to stick with the 5 dollar flea market ones.
Never seen an all wood pair of glasses, those are some interesting optics!

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I have sat on my ray bans and they haven't so much as had a scratch on them. Pay a little more for better quality and they will last longer. If you guys check out their website they have some that resemble some models of oakleys as well. I used to be an Oakley guy and had a pair of Gascans. I just feel then are too boxy for my face. They were good quality as well. If I had these they would be taken well care of.
But any ways I just thought I would share a cool company with you guys. Pendleton makes some cool cases as well I might add.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
I was thinking of pairing these with the wooden bow tie recently featured on Joffre the Giant's Youtube channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.