does anyone else use a pipe to cope with stress?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Guys wondering if anyone else uses pipe smoking to cope with life stresses. I use them myself as break from searching for employment and with my sister's illness. (Recent grad school graduate looking for work in the down turn economy. Sister has stage IV stomach cancer in case folks are curious) I find comfort in those rare moments alone with a bowl. Does anyone else?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Without my pipes I would be a screaming blithering nutcase. Well MORE of a screaming blithering nutcase.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
The quiet enjoyment of my Pipes and tobaccos is

a pleasure that provides more than just comfort.

It's cheaper than therapy too.

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
The quiet enjoyment of my Pipes and tobaccos is

a pleasure that provides more than just comfort.

It's cheaper than therapy too.

Well said! Sorry to here about your sister mind if I pray for you and your family?

teamhavoc28

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2010
Jship079 prayers are more than welcome even just good thoughts...I'm glad others use them to cope also.

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Wishing you and your sister the best of luck. When I sit back and relax with my pipe, it seems like I don't have a care in the world. It's the little things in life that count.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
When the stress of work and school became overwhelming, I found myself longing for my next pipe. But the Lord is the only true source of strength and comfort. Nothing else compares.
Winton

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Nothing like a nice pipe after a stressful day. Prayers for you and your sister, teamhavoc

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Like Uncle Arthur said:

Without my pipes I would be a screaming blithering nutcase. Well MORE of a screaming blithering nutcase.

:)

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
First of all, my prayers are with you and your sister.
Three years ago my wife's Grandmother spent about a month in the hospital before passing away from cancer. While her family (all that's left are women) would pack the hospital room, I would do what I could, then seek solace at Just For Him in Springfield, Missouri. They have a fantastic lounge area in the back where you'll find everyone from truck drivers to doctors to college kids taking some time out and having a smoke. The community in that room is really good.
When it came time to go back to St. Louis, I realized that our good B&M's still didn't have anything like Just For Him, so I started the Viking Pipe Club of Saint Louis, so that we could experience it at least every few weeks. Now Springfield also has The Albatross and St. Louis has....well, we're still working on it.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
I agree pipetrucker, anytime i need to wind down i always go for a pipe. Nothing better for making you stop and get it together.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
Teamhavoc, I hope things go well with your sister and family. I understand the job hunt, it can be stressful. My sister is having problems being a diabetic. Eye surgery and waiting on a kidney transplant. I understand your situation. Pray often and keep the faith.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Yes, there are times when I crave a nice relaxing moment alone with one of my pipes and some tobacco.
Just the other night after a long day of interacting with two housefulls of relatives and friends I told my son, I gotta go have a pipe, and headed off to my recliner for a calming smoke. Ahhhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.