PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 24, 2012
Dedicate a pipe to fried chicken?
I know you yanks love the stuff, but that's going just a bit too far I think.

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
KFCOR is a go-to for me, sometimes I'll peel the skin off first and put it at the bottom of the bowl. Great finish.

Nope, I smoke all of my Kentuckys and stoved Virginias in my latakia pipes and a few of my large bowled mixture pipes. I think I prefer them in the lat pipes, because I kind of like the smokey tastes to mix together. I just don't smoke them in my Virginia pipes. The taste of VA's are just too subtle and I don't like to contaminate them.

As for chicken, I smoke them in my Weber :puffy:

May 31, 2012
il_340x270.447917140_dpq5.jpg

cmdrmcbragg

Lifer
Jul 29, 2013
@misterlowercase, I believe that is a "tobacco" pipe. Nothing helps inspire the munchies further than smoking out of a drumstick.
+1 peck. Great find.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Lol ... I saw this thread before there were any responses and NEW it was gonna go "there"! :rofl:
I'm with Cosmic on this one ... Lat blend pipes work great and add a bit more smoky flavor.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I confess, I first thought this was a post about dedicating a pipe to smoking around eating that

greasy chicken because it imparts its secret spice recipe to the bit. Which may actually be true?

I don't dedicate pipes, and I rarely eat food chain fried chicken which is sourced from cage raised

birds who lead a dismal life.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I generally dedicate all of my Vabur flakes to certain pipes. I have one pipe that only gets Stonehaven but do smoke Stonehaven in other pipes. When I smoke ODF it gets smoked in one of my Vabur pipes, not in a Vaper or a straight Virginia pipe. I believe that the uniqueness of a Vabur does better in dedicated pipes. I want to get the most flavor from a certain blend so smoking a Vabur in a pipe that also has Latakia smoked in it, will detract from the Vabur flavors.

Jan 8, 2013
Oh man, I am laughing so hard my eyes are watering.
I do have a (mostly) dedicated ODF pipe, but on occasion I will smoke something with latakia through it. Hell, once I blended ODF and Gaslight in it. Next on my must try list is Sextant. That will probably go in the same pipe.
And on a side note, if you like the Fire Cured, I tried a MUWAT Kentucky Fired Cured cigar last night, and all I can say is DAMN! Definitely a must try for fire cured fans.

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
thank you ithelouniverse, oh what was the question, scrolling up(read the puns first, skipped the content!)
Well I have had the thought and desire to dedicate a pipe but I never can seem to follow through. Seems all my tobacco tastes the same these days anyway. Hahahaha Go figure

Status
Not open for further replies.