PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
A Forums member was kind enough to send me a sample of the new Amphora Burley from the Chicago pipe show. It's an especially pleasant burley non-aro. After browsing around the web (a little) it appears that the Amphora line is sold in pouches. It's easy to buy a few pouches and jar it, for an ongoing supply. And I'm set for years anyway for my slow-paced consumption. I could coast for years. But I raise the question, are Amphora blends sold in tub or only in pouches? I don't think the Burley is available yet even in the pouches, but obviously the product is being launched. Just a non-urgent question by someone who should make a dent in the many blends currently available and discontinued that I already have on hand. If you like burley, I recommend the Amphora version once it is on the market.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
The Burley blend is now available at Smoking Pipes. As far as Amphora being sold in tubs, I’ve never seen the re-released Mac Baren version in tubs, I’ve only seen the vintage stuff in tubs.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Amphora blends are sold in pouches only now. It's been that way for a several years, at least since the early 2000s, and probably before that.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If I find I must have Amphora Burley in a bigger quantity than a pouch, I'll jar up a few pouches and consider it done. A pouch is a good package for a codger blend. My dad smoked only Granger, but never in the tubs; he liked those pouches, so easy to carry.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I still need to give that Amphora Burley a try. It kind of just slipped in there under the radar. I’ve had a great experience with all of the Amphora blends I’ve tried thus far, I’m sure I’d really enjoy this one too.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like some of the so-called codger blends in pouches as well as some of my favorites in tins. You have to sample and be selective, but you miss something when you shun pouch tobacco.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Thanks Paul; I'm brimming tobacco at the rate I smoke, so don't send any, but I'll take your recommendation when the time comes!

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Paul, you’ve said enough, given that we both have similar tastes in tobaccos, I’m sure I’ll enjoy this one based on your approval. Thanks!

I like some of the so-called codger blends in pouches as well as some of my favorites in tins. You have to sample and be selective, but you miss something when you shun pouch tobacco

I actually wish more blends came in pouches, I love pouches. That’s another reason I prefer St. Bruno RR over the Flake, among many other reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.