PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docaitch

Lurker
May 15, 2018
New to this forum, have been active on other forums since 2016.

I made pipe turds in the 1970s under the name WALT here in Baltimore, gave it up about 1978 for a career in medicine.

Retired in 2015 and began pipe making anew in November 2015. My brand is now WALT 21 (for 21st Century)

My pipes are no longer turds, I have learned a huge amount from the forums and actually meeting up with modern pipe makers.

I count among my mentors Premal Chheda, Jeremiah Sandahl, Todd Bannard, Jason Thompson, George Dibos and many others.

I enjoy the social aspect of pipe making and pipe smoking, and don’t have make a living at the business.

DocAitch

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I'll help out here. I met docaitch (Walt) just a week or so ago at the Chicago Pipe Show. I was taken with his creations and bought one quickly.

I call it an Oom Paul Freehand Sitter. It smokes perfectly and clenches comfortably.
Click link to open..
https://ibb.co/kmrL1J

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Uploaded from gallery
a060fcde-f1eb-4d68-9a4f-b38c627653dd1-450x600.jpg

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Man Jason, that is a looker. Natural blast with a Cumberland stem! 8O Welcome aboard Doc!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Welcome!
Deserves an even bigger image...
Walt21.jpg

Once your photos are on a photo hosting site (such as Imgur.com; Photobucket; Postimage; Dropbox, etc.), or on virtually any site, select the full image, then Control-click (Mac) or Right-click (Windows) on the image itself, then choose copy image location. Now paste that URL (the full web address, which should end in .jpg) into the IMG box in the reply window of the thread you're posting to.
The site's album is also a good choice.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
Thanks for the bigger image jpmcwjr.
The ring grain is present all the way around the pipe. Excellent piece of briar. His engineering is top notch as well, no crazy bends for an Oom Paul. Pipe cleaner passes easily.

docaitch

Lurker
May 15, 2018
Thanks for posting that photo, Voorhees, it was my pleasure to meet and talk with you.

Here are my two favorites that I took to Chicago.

os0WUs.jpg

Pk0xR2.jpg

DocAitch

docaitch

Lurker
May 15, 2018
Looks like I have to figure out how to post photos or I am limited by rules.

Will try from a different computer later.

DocAitch

Status
Not open for further replies.