Do you think they'll take this sittin' down?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
"Left Party" (in Sweden) wants men to pee sitting down
"Men who work for the Sörmland County Council in central Sweden should sit down rather than stand up when urinating in office toilets, according to a motion put forward by the local Left Party chapter."
http://www.thelocal.se/41358/20120611/

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I actually sit down to pee at home as often as I can. Seems cleaner. In public johns? No way.

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
Sure, laugh it off...scoff if you will. Just don't let Mike Bloomberg get hold of this idea or Gothamnites will have to urinate on command. And only less than 16 oz. at a shot!

Has this public body gotten around to regulating sexual positions?? Hmmm, there's a thought for the Left to contemplate!

jrtaster/john

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
A lot of public rest rooms that I go in aren't as clean as I would like them to be.It seems to me that a good number of men don't have very good aim.Some don't even raise the seat..Yuck

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
karen-tribett-we-aim-to-please.jpg

keeper

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
Oddly enough, I live in Sörmland. We think it's funny. The party in question is a very small group, relatively speaking, and is really the Swedish communist party.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@keeper: Very interesting. Thank you for the on-scene report regarding this most distressing situation. The one burning question all here want to know: Please tell us, is there such a thing as a urinal in Sweden?

sajgre

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 13, 2010
This is actually funny but i wouldn't consider it as a "government trying to control people" thing. In that area Swedish people have tiny tiny problems compared to what is going on in USA.

keeper

Lurker
Jun 29, 2010
@brian64 I had to think about it for a second, but yep, we do. The library in town has them.
At the Central Station (bus/train station) in Stockholm, you have to pay to use the bathroom (10 SEK, I think. A little over a dollar), and there's an attendant. The whole place is remarkably clean.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I spent much of the last two weeks in a hospital bed. I tell you I am very glad I am to be able to pee standing up again. Trying to pee in one of those plastic urinals while in bed is very undignified.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
Exactly the type of hot button issue the people wanted handled when they elected these .......... arg,just leave it alone. Noone cares about the cost of such nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.