PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2013
It is now Wendsday and the last day I enjoyed my pipe was Sunday Eveneing. Not trying to stop or anything I have just been so busy that I haven't had the time to sit down and properly enjoy a nice smoke. So my question to all of you i have ever just taken a break away from your pipe? My theory is since I haven't been able to have a good smoke lately I will "re-discover" how nice it is. Maybe make me appreciate it more.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
All the time, but I never deliberately take a break. Like you, I just get busy. I've created such a ritualistic aspect around my pipes, I just can't enjoy it unless I'm sitting in my easy chair relaxing for at least an hour. If I don't have the time to chill, I don't smoke my pipe. That's just me though...

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Pretty much the only time I have to smoke is the weekend anymore - which is any time after noon on Friday through Sunday evening. Depending on how much other activity I've got going, I've been known to skip an entire weekend and then try to make up for it the following Friday. :D

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
I went through a period of several months wherein I just didn't have much time for anything, let alone my pipes. When I came back to them, it was like the first time all over again! Only, minus the complete clueless feeling.

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I'm with Ghost. I smoke for the pleasure of it and the time to myself. Therefore, if I don't have the proper time to do it, I don't smoke. Tried to rush a bowl once, almost turned me off to the entire practice.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
Same here as ghost and others. I haven't had a bowl since Sunday as well. Just a little to busy for my pm smoke. I've gone from a few days to a few weeks without a bowl. No worries though, it's nice getting back to the ritual of that first bowl.

smokeybear

Lifer
Dec 21, 2012
Brampton,Ontario,Canada
I pretty much only smoke my pipes once of twice a week so ya you can say i take breaks. I love smoking my pipe but i only do it when the moments right its a relaxation therapy for me not a daily routine, Plus i have a busy schedule. IE Work, House stuff, Family stuff ETC

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
The last time I took a break, I was on an overnight trip with students in April. I missed it, but there was no time to smoke anyway. The dog's dinner (no wine), no pipe -- completely uncivilized.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Only when I am sick or on business travel. On Sunday I had 4 bowls, which is the most I've ever had. My tongue paid the price on Monday & Tues.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
All the time. I'm about to fill my MM Pony Express about half-way with some PS LNF and take a ten to fifteen minute smoke break right now. (I'm on company time, too). :oops: Don't worry though, I will get something done today.

undecagon

Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
I take breaks to eat, sleep, or re-pack. :D
And of course time spent in non-smoking buildings...I used to be upset that I came of legal smoking age right when the bans started hitting, but now I'm kind of happy about it. I think it'd have been worse to be able to smoke freely and then have it taken away!

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Yes, I take breaks. I want to sit and enjoy my pipe along with peace and quiet. If I can't enjoy it, why bother? Just because I'm not smoking doesn't mean that I'm not at the forum, or thinking of my next purchase.

lostandfound

Sep 30, 2011
"Just because I'm not smoking doesn't mean that I'm not at the forum, or thinking of my next purchase."
We're all sick, aren't we? :lol:

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
Like others have said if I don't have the proper time to sit and relax and enjoy my smoke then I don't smoke. That being said I probably only smoke a couple times a week.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I never smoke when I am sick, especially with a sore throat or cold. Otherwise, like many have mentioned here, what keeps me from a daily pipe or two is stress and workload.

irwinmetro

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 31, 2013
Not if I can help it. If I don't get to smoke a bowl in the evening before bed I wake up grumpy.

soggycitybob

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I'll sometimes have a few days between smokes depending on the time I have available and weather permitting me to sit outside. The longest recently was a few weeks break while I was performing in a stage musical. We singers are so high-maintenance with our voices, and I'm so sensitive to smoke anyway that I just put the pipes away for a while. But when I pulled them back out after a few weeks, ooooo boy was it good!

Status
Not open for further replies.