Savenelli & Stanwell that I refurbished after purchasing

4f4a3tZ.jpg

Another Savenelli

3leMIbB.jpg

Legendary Saxon Churchwarden Pipe Pouch

jKCjnxJ.png

Moretti Bog Oak Morta Poker

J27RQIC.jpg

Apart from that I bought some equipment to allow me to do minor pipe restoration and carnauba wax buffing. I also picked up about a dozen new tobacco blends to try out.
I helped convert two people into new pipe smokers. I gave away a pipe and a bunch of tobacco to help solidify their new addiction!
Has anyone else experienced March PADness? If so show us how your collection has grown.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I've caught it too!
Purchased three pipes from Moretti this month.
I like that Mario Grande, I have one similar with an apple shaped bowl.

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I have March PADness... but I am closing on a house so I squeaked in a TAD with a site member here and have had to sit on the sidelines cheering you guys on in your purchases...
Sigh.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Magnificent pipes. They make me feel much better about my March PADness, which is one lonely new unfinished Savenelli bent Dublin 920, which a Forums member discovered and reported to me, knowing I have a "thing" for unfinished Sav's, which are getting harder to find. But nothing as eye-dazzling as these beautiful pipes. That Mario Grande stem, band, and grain are something, although the whole group is great. Modest though it is, the unfinished Sav is stamped, unlike some I have that were sold as basket seconds. The finish just gets better and better, kind of a bright walnut hue that glows when polished.

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Nice choice in that Grandi Bernie.

I was this close to purchasing it for the wife; she opted for a different one.
That Moretti is SWEET!

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
Bloodwood - i don't have the Moretti yet poker...Marco just shipped it out today. I been looking for a bog oak pipe from Marco for a few months now. He sent me a picture of that before posting it on ebay...it was exactly what I was looking for so I snatched it up. The idea of smoking from a pipe made of wood that is over 6,000 years old is pretty cool.
mso489 - That unfinished Sav is one of my favorites. To tell you the truth I didn't realize it was unfinished. The pipe was made in 2000 so I guess it's had a few years to darken up a bit. I really like the shape, I haven't seen any other Sav's like it for sale. That pipe is a great smoker.
I just received a can of Bagpiper's Dream in the mail this afternoon which I will be lighting up soon!

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Everyone's a winner, Congratulations! As for me, I still have new pipes I haven't smoked yet so I'll be on the sidelines for a while.
Happy sipping!

sparrowhawk

Lifer
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, March PAD Madness, that's the ticket--for spending big bucks for two eBay pipes, one a Savenelli vest and a Marco volcano...but I have to wait until April before paying for the volcano, and the Savenelli is in transit...I want them now!

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Playing on Bernie's Mario Grandi theme...
UPS just delivered our three pipe order from across the pond.

Jen's pipe is on the right.
Grandi%201_zpsn26zbvx8.jpg

Grandi%202_zpsbm5wkg6o.jpg

bernie2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 23, 2015
Nice pipes BloodWood! All three are gorgeous. I was watching Jen's pipe but never pulled the trigger on a bid.
Too bad those beautiful pipes are sitting on that ugly seahawks towel! If you'd like I'd happily send you a nice Minnesota Vikings towel. Just shoot me a PM with your address. :)

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
March PADness is on hold here. I bought 2 in March and 9 in February so I'm taking a stand and not buying anymore pipes until May.
no new pipes till May.....no new pipes till May.....no new pipes till May....

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I've got March poorness. I believe the last pipe I purchased was in early October, but seeing that I only smoke about two to three bowls a day my handful of briars and cobs are more than sufficient for awhile. Essentials in life comes first, pipes and tobacco come last and I think I'll survive with what I have. If anything, I'd probably kick in for another MM cob. Guess I'm just easy to please as long as the pipes I have do the job. After all, ya can only smoke one pipe at a time. :wink:

bloodwood

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2014
Puyallup, WA
Too bad those beautiful pipes are sitting on that ugly seahawks towel! If you'd like I'd happily send you a nice Minnesota Vikings towel
lol-030.gif

I'll gladly accept your towel if you promise to take back Tarvaris Jackson.
cheeky-smiley-018.gif

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I'm slipping. All I've bought this month was a ridiculously cheap Neal Yarm naturals stand, and a Don Carlos volcano. Gotta play catch up next month!

Status
Not open for further replies.