Do you ever want to EAT your tobacco instead of smoke it?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

108 Fresh Brulor Pipes
1 Fresh Clarin Clay Pipe
2 Fresh Former Pipes
12 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
This happens from time to time, but last night I took out some Stonehaven to dry and I really wanted to just check my six, look left to right, and take a bite because it just smelled so dam good... :crazy:

Mar 1, 2014
For someone coming in with no prior experience, one of the most surprising things about tobacco is how good it smells, especially aged Virginia.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Yes, Dunbar in the 8oz bag looks, smells and feels so scrumptious I just want to scarf it down. I did taste a little and I certainly prefer to smoke it. : )

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
Haha - NO! But only because my Jr. High football coach caught me dipping once and made me eat the can of Copenhagen. The resulting puking turned me off to that impulse forever, no matter how good the tobacco smells!

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
YES Dunbar....makes you want to chew through the bag like a dog getting at chocolate

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Absolutely. Most recently I bought a few Oz of Peter Stokkebye Peaches & Cream. I am not ashamed to admit nibbling on a large chunk of leaf. It was delicious, though mercifully better when smoked, otherwise I'd make a habit of it. haha

phantomwolf

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Im going to have to get some of that with my next big order... hmmmm
I cannot imagine you will be disappointed. I am not a huge aromatics guy, but I keep a full jar of this around. Delicious, thick, mildly-sweet, and guests go crazy for the room note. haha Hope you like it!

grouchydog

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2013
Stonehaven smells just stupid-good - to me its jar note is like heavy red wine and dried fruit. If I knew I wouldn't vomit I'd just straight eat it. But that wouldn't last as long as smoking it....

jravenwood

Can't Leave
Apr 23, 2017
Stupid good indeed...Yeah that, and occasionally like beef jerky, which makes it harder because it resembles beef jerky as well!

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
My chewing tobacco buddies love pinching on some of my tobaccos. Especially S-G flakes like ST James and FVF.
I've never wanted to chew or eat them but they sure small great. Most certainly they are intoxicating mouth-watering aromas like many GLP Pease blends (Rennaissance, Ravens Wing, Mephisto, Key Largo, Abington), many S-G blends, C&Ds Night Train and Old Joe Kranz are soury-musty delicious, St Bruno Flake is an oddball I love sniffing, then there's Margate and Penzance as well.
Years back I tried chewing baccy a few times and tossed cookies every time. I'm glad I didn't like it..it's a disgusting habit.

carver

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 29, 2015
Belgium
Yup, many times I have wanted to, all those maply blends, smelling like an pie fresh out of the oven. I've never actually nibbled on tobacco, but now reading all those posts, my shame is behind me ... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.