PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lohengrin

Lifer
Jun 16, 2015
I don't know why, but when I smoke outside nearby my dog I feel a sense of natural comfort higher than when I smoke alone or with human company.

Do you have a similar feeling?
ViTgb1q.jpg

Designer Tapio Wirkkala with his dog

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Up to my dog - sometimes he chooses to be outside by me, sometimes he sits on my lap, other times he stays inside.
If it were up to me, I'd love to have him sit by me all the time. Makes the smoke ten times more pleasant.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Absolutely, Levi and I take our daily Town & Tune Tour in the SL500 to head for his walkabout, I puff away to it, while doing it and on the way back. We venture out several times a day with me piping and Levi by my side unless his Weimaraner's nose catches a better scent.

banjo

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
My dog, Bailey, a bloodhound/lab mix (mutt), thinks my pipe is my snack and it is also snack time for her. Hence, I always have company.

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I don't have much choice. My dog feels he needs to be in the same room when I'm pooping even.
My little dog is the same way,never far from me. Would be in my lap 24 hours a day if I'd let her.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For sensitive, intelligent companionship, it is difficult to do better than our four-legged family members. Our three cats are quite tolerant of my pipes. They study the smoke as it rises, and don't evade me when I'm lit up. The question of animal intelligence strikes me as a settled matter. If you have to ask, you aren't astute enough to answer the question. I get far more communicative signals from dogs and cats in less time than I get from most people in weeks, most of it highly coherent and factually right on the mark. Also, you know right away how they are feeling about you at the moment; the fact that they themselves know continuously puts them ahead of most humans. The evolution of intellect is incremental and humans are not leading the game in all respects ... folks.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
My dog, a lab, and my wife's dog, a W. Highland Terrier, pay no never mind. The Highland will sit next to me on the couch, half asleep. Lab on floor. They don't bat an eye, even when awake! to lighting or puffing.

dustmite

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2015
Few things in this world bring more comfort than a dog lying by your feet. My lab is always near by, if I'm smoking or not.

aggravatedfarmer

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 9, 2015
The dogs and cats are well covered here. I'll cover cows. They predominantly smell and taste rather than see. When I smoke around them, they do tilt their heads up as to smell the fragrance. Very seldomly they try to lick the air, which is normal. Cows have a unique, curious nature. They get spooked by sound and motion. I always heard that pipe smoke calms them

brudnic1

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2012
I walk three to four miles each day with my dogs and smoke my pipe. When I fill my pipe they get excited as they know we soon will be walking.

Jun 4, 2014
Our cats occasionally sit with me while I smoke. As MSO said they like to study the smoke as it rises. The watch so intently I sometimes wonder what they see in the rising whisps.

Status
Not open for further replies.