Do you dedicate a pipe to Haddo's Delight?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
If so, is it because you find that it ghosts your pipe, or because you want to season the bowl to bring it the nuances of this particular blend? I've always smoked it out of a (dedicated) cob because for some reason I thought it ghosts a pipe something horrible, but I just don't see how it could do that, or whether that would be a bad thing.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I was about to take the plunge cracking open a well-aged tin of Haddo's, but I'll wait to read this thread. I'd never heard of a Haddo's ghost, but I never heard of a Mixture No. 79 ghost either. There may be no end to the hauntings.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
Yes, 2 pipes, a Preben Holm Monte Verde with its medium-large volume conical bowl, & a large WDC Wellington billiard. Haddo's complexity opens-up in larger bowls.
No problem with ghosting.

Dec 28, 2015
Well I was going to say how much I don’t like Haddos but I see a couple of you said it better than I ever could so I won’t.

sittingbear

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2015
Olympia, WA
Feel free to send any unwanted Haddo's my way! I love the stuff, and it's one of the few of which my wife enjoys the aroma.

No, I am admitted Haddo-head. I cannot resist myself when I crack a tin of Haddos and want to make my way to the bottom of the tin as soon as I can. But, I don't dedicate a pipe to it. I tend to want to burn through it using multiple pipes in a day. But, I haven't noticed a ghost.
Maybe if I only smoked it occasionally, but over a longer period of time, I'd consider dedicating a pipe to it, but I tend to binge Haddos.
If you hate Haddos because of the rum, you'll probably hate his Virginia Cream, because Greg has used the bourbon on it in a similar fashion.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
That's a rum blend I haven't tried. May pick up a tin to break in my GBD birthday pipe once arrived and cleaned up.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I chose to try Haddo's Delight in my VaPer pipes. It seemed to fit well. No ghost I could detect.
My sample was 3 years aged, so any topping may have dissipated.
I didn't get much of the topping, to be honest.
HERE is my review from a few months back.
jay-roger.jpg

npod

Lifer
Jun 11, 2017
I do not dedicate a pipe for Haddos. Luckily, my current stash is 4 years old and well aged. I enjoy Haddos very much with a bit of age. Very little concern for ghosting imho.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Absolutely LOVE Haddo's. It is nectar of the gods, a gift to the to the Universe, its appreciation a sign of discerning taste and intelligence.
Failure to appreciate this miraculous blend is an undisputed sign of inferior genetic make up that may require life long institutionalization as well as forced sterilization to prevent further devolving of the gene pool.
I don't dedicate a pipe to Haddo's though I probably should. Any Haddo's ghost is a short lived on that is easily dispelled by a bowl of two of smoething else.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
This
Failure to appreciate this miraculous blend is an undisputed sign of inferior genetic make up that may require life long institutionalization as well as forced sterilization to prevent further devolving of the gene pool.
Is why this is necessary
I dedicate the dumpster to Haddos.
I would lay odds that knuckle-draggers like myself enjoy a good tobacco. We let the pseudo-elites enjoy Haddos.
:puffpipe:

Status
Not open for further replies.