PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I ask this question because, at least for me, this forum encourages PAD and TAD, and some people might need a hand restraining them selves. A place where someone will ask the question "do you really need that new pipe?" "Is it that important that you buy that tin of tobacco?"
Just a thought I had and was wondering what others thought.

Dec 24, 2012
As someone who isn't buying any more new tobacco, I relish my role on here as an enabler.
You guys need to get out there and finish your cellars - cellar wide and cellar deep!

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
PAD and TAD anonymous might not be a big hit with the sponsors. I doubt they want to

sponsor a site that helps us purchase fewer pipes and tobaccos. However, there is some

comment on Forums that points out the advantages of being discerning and maybe saving

for better products rather than just buying to buy. As do some of the automobile magazines

of higher quality admit, from time to time, that every new car in the showroom isn't a

marvel of automotive engineering.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
... approaches podium ...
Hello, my name is Cobguy ...
No, maybe not ... not with sponsors like you guys! :rofl:

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Of course it's really that important. We wouldn't be buying it if it wasn't would we? 8O

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
Well, on this forum it's different tho
Hi, my name is Monty, and I'm a PADoholic, and also a TADoholic. I spend enormous amounts of time and money on pipes and tobacco that I can't afford or need. And I'm proud of it!
And it's all because of PIPESMAGAZINE.COM... and Peck
:puffy:

masspiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2014
We do have a TAD and PAD 12 steps.
1.We admitted we were powerless over baccy+pipe buying disorder - that our lives had become unmanageable(and fun).
2.Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves(usually our significant other) could restore us to sanity(or drive us insane).
3.Made a decision to turn our will and our credit cards over to the care of God as we understood Him.
4.Made a searching and fearless inventory of baccy stash and pipe inventory.
5.Admitted to God, to ourselves and to pipesmagazine.com the exact nature of our wrongs.
6.Were entirely ready to smoke all our baccy from all of our pipes.
7.Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings and to extend our credit limits.
8.Made a list of all baccy and pipes we have acquired , and became willing to make smoke them all.
9.Made direct amends to our financial resolve wherever possible, except when to do so would threaten or injure our ability to purchase more baccy and pipes.
10.Continued to take personal inventory of our stash and when we were running low promptly reordered.
11.Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to purchase more baccy and pipes.
12.Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to TAD and PAD sufferers and to practice these principles in all our affairs and smoke a good bowl always!!!

kcvet67

Jul 6, 2010
The only answer to this one is to ask "Who an I and what do I want out of life?"
I'm an ornery old fart and I want to enjoy the pleasures that are left to me. I buy good wine by the case. I buy tobacco in 5# bags if it's bulk or 25 tin lots of it's not. I buy ammo by the case for the guns I shoot on a regular basis.

beezer

Jul 12, 2013
This is a pretty funny thread topic actually. The thought of having a venue, perhaps on this forum not sure, where people are encouraged to get a handle on their PAD/TAD addiction is a kin to trying to hold alcoholic anonymous meetings in the corner of your favorite bar during happy hour. Probably not going to work.
With regards to TAD, I have gone a little overboard this month having placed my third order this month alone (each order with free shipping if you know what I mean) and I've got a cart full of stuff with my favorite online retailer for when July finally rolls around next month. Late last year I told myself I'd quit purchasing pipe tobacco once I filled a large storage container probably capable of holding 150 tins (this doesn't account for the dozen mason jars I had already filled)...well needless to say here I am almost 9 months later and I have filled a second large storage container and a second dozen mason jars worth. I seemed to have moved the goal posts quite a bit to where I'm now convincing myself I'll stop once I fill all of the remaining quart mason jars I purchased (I've got another ten or so left). I have way more tobacco than I probably will be able to smoke in my lifetime, but for some reason I keep purchasing more. Just last night, following an order with 4noggins, I told myself I'd start collecting pipes once my tobacco cellar is rounded out. Perhaps its never ending...Kind of funny in a sick sort of way. Haha.

andrew

Lifer
Feb 13, 2013
This is a pretty funny thread topic actually. The thought of having a venue, perhaps on this forum not sure, where people are encouraged to get a handle on their PAD/TAD addiction is a kin to trying to hold alcoholic anonymous meetings in the corner of your favorite bar during happy hour. Probably not going to work.
It would make for a great cover to get out of the house from the wife/gf and engage in manly gatherings. As long as we could smoke pipes at the meetings I think it's a great idea. I also justify all my spending on the coming tobacco taxes which will put an end to stockpiling tobacco, I only have roughly 7 years covered smoking what I smoke a day. That makes me nervous. I simply deal with the woman buy explaining I'm going to smoke a pipe for a long time, so to stock up now while the timing is good is just good business practice. It's not even a TAD, my PAD is more like wow, a stanwell for 10$ in great shape, this is a 90$ pipe, I would be stupid to not buy it. The most I've spent on a pipe was a brand new peterson shackleton explorer series for 60$ brand new and it's a 250$ pipe. I'm sure some of my pipes I've acquired would easily fetch 100$ on ebay and the majority of them I've gotten for 12$.

bwithers55

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 17, 2012
There is a compelling reason why this site has so many commercial sponsors.
But, you are right- many of us buy p&t that are redundant.
Best Wishes,

Bill Withers

Status
Not open for further replies.