PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
I'm glad that my state does not mandate Ethanol and that we can buy pure gas. Even 10% Ethanol is bad for small engines and outboard motors. There are websites available where one can find the nearest pure gas filling stations closest to you. Though my vehicle will run on flex-fuel, I always fill up with pure gas when possible.
Waiting on Detroit to start turning out CNG Powered vehicle!

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Do not use E85 either. I filled up with that one time in Fort Worth, TX when I was low on cash. I later noticed that I got less mileage so I researched on line. E85 is less efficient than the E10 normally sold but the price was not cheaper by the same percentage difference so the consumer is actually getting ripped off.

virginiacob

Can't Leave
Dec 30, 2013
Ethanol, in my opinion, has done more harm than any good. I've had it foul up an outboard and my ATV's carburetor. Fortunately, here in VA you can still buy "alcohol free" gas, you just pay a premium for it. I'll only buy the ethanol free gas anymore for my ATV, boat, and small 2-cycle engines. Even with the ethanol free gas I still use marine-grade Stabil in it.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Wow fox news is unbearable. They provided some good information, but the strong political bias is obnoxious and makes it hard to take them seriously.

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Im happier with just the facts. Fortunately we have options for our news sources.
Sorry if you like FOX and took offence.
I will not use e15.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Nah, I don't watch TV news at all. It gives me headache, it's so inane.

But call it like it is, the Gov't definitely took a dump on this one. I just wish one of these TV news shows would follow the money and see WHY this happened. It definitely had to do with money.
Pipe Content: I was filling the car yesterday (with diesel) and thinking that it would be perfectly safe to smoke a pipe at the diesel pump. Instead, I had to stand out in the cold, without a pipe! These e15 complainers don't know the meaning of heartbreak.

masterpython

Might Stick Around
Sep 18, 2013
A conspiracy between the corn lobby and auto makers. Keeps the corn prices high and destroys vehicles faster.

dixcreek

Lurker
Feb 6, 2014
The bad thing about the ethanol craze beside the harm to older engines, the reduced mileage issues is the fact that it cost so much to produce a gallon of the stuff. I guess it is good for the producers, the growers and anyone involved in the process but it is not cost efficient nor as Green friendly as we were led to believe.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
The problem with people like you, dixcreek, is that you still hang on to outdated notions like the government serving at the behest of the citizens. Get with it! The sooner you pony up the cash to get someone elected, the sooner you can reap the benefits.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My curiosity is piqued: Where does one find a news program that is not full of editorial comment? Certainly not CNN, PBS, NBC,CBS, ABC, MSNBC (also known as the the network of the never ending apologies). Perhaps Al Jazeera? I've not found one where the news reader does not think that their personal take on a story should be an integral part of the news cast.
People in government (elected or not) perceive their job as having to do something. Right, wrong or indifferent, something must be done! What ever the problem, real or imagined, something must be done! Laws passed, regulations promulgated and more employees hired to enforce such. Something must be done! Always! Government is incapable of sitting by and doing nothing, especially when doing nothing is the correct thing to do,
If they are not doing something, they cannot justify themselves. I often wonder how the members of the Congress can get around with all those knees constantly jerking.

saint007

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 22, 2013
For straight news stories, there is always C-Span.
There is a new Primetime show on Fox Business (not to be confused with Fox News) called, The Independents. They call out both sides and are not aligned with the Dems or Repubs. Airs at 9pm Eastern. The show caters to the growing segment of voters that consider themselves as Independent. Recent Gallup Poll says that 63% of voters think they are in that category.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Recent Gallup Poll says that 63% of voters think they are in that category

No, 63% of persons who agreed to answer the poll questions stated that they are "independent. That is a huge distinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.