PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

love2smoke

Lurker
Jan 1, 2014
Do I have a problem when I order more tobacco than I actually smoke? Seems I'm a little hooked on just having different kinds, different tins, the collecting of tobaccos is just as enjoyable as smoking them!
Just ordered a 50g tin of Frog Morton Cellar and a 50g tin of Ashtons Smooth Sailing!!

goldsm

Can't Leave
Dec 10, 2013
I do love doing what you doing. I got lots of jar left behind.

But everytime when I do re-try and re-taste tobaccos I do really ejoying so much.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
With the actions that various levels of government are taking to curb access to tobacco I would buy up every tin I could get my hands on. There may be a time when it will be so heavily taxed that the price will be prohibitive, or not available at all.

escioe

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 31, 2013
Sometimes I go on buying sprees and spend a few hundred in the space of a couple months. At 1-3 bowls a day, I never make it through it all. I went two years without buying tobacco and when the stocks were getting a little low, I went on another one. I like having a backstock of aging blends, and having the option of not buying for a while.

yorkshirepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 26, 2012
I agree with ravkesef, Government inputs will make it more difficult and more expensive, the price of tobacco is never going to drop!
From September-December last year I only had one or two bowls, I'm on about 4 bowls a week now (it'll go up with the weather) and have loads of tobacco - I'm even considering ordering more!

love2smoke

Lurker
Jan 1, 2014
well, seems I'm not alone. guess I should place another order now that I feel better about it :P happy smoking Lol.

puffdoggie

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2013
You only ordered 2 tins? You do have a problem! :rofl:
I have a backlog of about a dozen I haven't tried yet and some consider me a piker. Do your own thing. Happy puffin,
Dave

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
Besides the stockpile i already have, I just got an order in yesterday from SPC which included 12 items....all tobacco and 11 were tins of at least 50g, one was 2oz of bulk HH dark fired ready rubbed. I have also amassed a collection of 15 pipes from briar to cob to meer to morta in the past 6 months since i switched from cigars to the pipe.
To put it lightly, it is a filthy awesome and beautiful disease that i am seeking absolutely no treatment for.

pipetraveler

Might Stick Around
Feb 20, 2014
Well fellow pipe smokers, let us put this into perspective. If one watches TV and you come across the doomsday preppers that stock pile everything but tobacco we should think of ourselves as better prepared. If things turn out the way they perceive we my friends will be ahead of the curve as tobacco would become a form of currency. We should all start doubling our orders. Pipetraveler

pipetraveler,

but the problem with using tobacco as currency, is that puts us only trading among ourselves in this non-smoking world, and for some of us, that could be a long walk for a trade.

Here in Alabama, every other yahoo in the boonies has a bunker. If my choices are death or surviving to live with these guys... Ummm, hard choice.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I've said this before here, but I couldn't care less about any government actions, taxation, restrictions, etc. That's not why I cellar tobacco. I cellar tobacco so that a) it will benefit from aging and b) I'll have stock of my favorites should any blend go out of production.
Bob

rolldog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 4, 2013
You do not have a problem. You have a hobby you enjoy and that is a wonderful thing.

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
Ordering more pipe tobacco than you usually smoke is a great way to build up a cellar/stash of pipe tobacco. It's comforting to know that, after a while, you'll always have some well-aged weed to stuff into your pipes.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
My wife is worried that I will become addicted... not to smoking but to buying pipes and tobaccos!
Based on what I read from others and my own desires, it think she might be right. Fortunately, she may join in the addiction - she suggested we visit some estate sales, antique shops, etc to see what we can find.
I LOVE MY LADY!! (BTW, she is not a smoker... neither of us has ever been a smoker... but she has no problem with me smoking the pipe indoors. She is truly a jewel.)

Status
Not open for further replies.