PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I will have some free time this weekend and was looking for different pipe rack plans to attempt to build. In my searches I found this. I thought it was worth a share to give you guys on a budget some an idea.
DIY Piperack for Less Than $1

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Try again hfearly, I was trying to embed the video but it didn't work. So I posted the link.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Glenn, you should have received your Official PipesMagazine.com Preferred Membership Packet & Upgrade by now,

which includes plans for making your own Official PipesMagazine.com Pipe Rack. If you didn't get it, PM Lawrence immediately!

DSCN0563.jpg

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Cortez
Thank you. Yes I got mine in the package I got when I became a Preferred Member, along with the decoder ring. :rofl:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Both the youTube video and the egg carton version of DIY pipe racks are creative. The egg

carton has the advantage of holding the pipes bowl-down, which is a better way to drain

any residual moisture the pipe cleaner might leave (very little I hope). The cardboard box

version has the advantage of being susceptible to all kinds of creative coverings that could

make it look like wood, marble, or avant guard art, with contact paper, wallpaper, etc.

My remedy for pipe overflow has been a basket. The pipes still show, mostly, and can be

stored stem-up. Whatever solves your pipe storage needs and keeps pipes handy. Drawers

and closets are not good. If you see 'em, you'll smoke 'em.

roadqueen

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2013
I've been using a small bandana-lined woven basket myself. I like the cardboard box idea much better than the egg carton. I think I'll try making one this weekend sometime. Thanks for the link, eaglerico!

Status
Not open for further replies.