PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

backyardbriar

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
I have collaborated with some others in my local area, Charlottesville, VA, to start a monthly night of pipe smoking. The idea is to have a night where smokers can trade tobacco and sample a plethora of different blends without committing to purchasing a tin. And also give an opportunity for beginners to ask questions to more experienced smokers and give a time to all sit down and relax together with a bowl and maybe some scotch. It is called Distinguished Gentlemen's Pipe Night. The name is borrowed a bit from the yearly pipe smoking bikers The Distinguished Gentlemen's Ride. So if you are close to the area, check out the facebook page through the link above and I hope to see you at Black Market Moto Saloon the last Wednesday of the month at 9:30pm.

I would also like to open this post up to anyone else telling about their local meetings. Because this is not a club, per se, and there are no dues, does anyone else have a similar model for pipe nights?

Does any other club promote a swap/trade/sample night?

Are there any issues with finding a venue to smoke in and what have been the solutions?

I look forward to your comments and hope that this post reaches some locals to Central Virginia who might want to make it out one month!

backyardbriar

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
Here is the flyer

pipenightposter_web-388x600.jpg

backyardbriar

Lurker
Apr 26, 2012
@allan unfortunately so. But I want people to know of this type of informal gathering that is being put together and hopefully inspire others to create their own local pipe night. This was started last November and has been a success so far. And if we can use this online community to collaborate on ways of putting together pipe nights and promoting them, then the pipe community could get even better. Sure we talk online, might smoke at home and then write a review online, but sharing tobacco in an in person group is hard to beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.