PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
There are currently two Disney pipes listed on EBay. One is a brown blasted Lovat that was made in England. The stamping on the pipe looks familiar to me but would rather have some of our English pipe experts weigh in with their thoughts. Yes, I have bid on it and I know some think it is wrong to bid when a forum brother already has but I do not agree. Feel free to bid if you are so inclined. Go luck to any who do.

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
The used one looks legit but that stem has been buffed to hell and back, especially at the bit. The price is perfect but 8 days left!

clickklick

Lifer
May 5, 2014
Well I guess not exactly. But I've seen them with no origin shown and with origin shown. Seems to me they just grabbed random pipes and stamped them with the Disney logo. Levine would know for sure. I have a tough time with thinking people are forging the Walt Disney stamp. The shaping of the logo looks legit.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I agree, forging those pipes doesn't seem likely.

I do wonder whatever happened to that Disney stamp set! (guessing Disney destroyed them).

Sjmiller CPG

(sjmiller)
May 8, 2015
Morgan County, Tennessee
Forging wasn't what I had in mind. The "Made in England" just looked familiar to me although I knew it couldn't be what it reminded me of. After a bit of research I think I might have an answer. I believe it might be a Hardcastle second, either Royal Castle or Royal Crown.

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
I am going to guess and say that the brown one is from the Charatan factory but, that is just a best guess. I have confirmation that the stamps were owned by Disney and had to be returned with the shipment of pipes. If a new company got the bid then the stamp would go out and then back with the shipment before payment was made. Could one of you provide a link to the other pipe as I can't seem to find it?
Thanks,
Brian

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
Never mind. I see the black pipe was sold accepting a best offer. I thought the price was high even though the pipe was un-smoked. That finish is not one I think I have seen before so that does make it rare. I hope if it smokes well for whoever bought it for a long time.

drwatson

Lifer
Aug 3, 2010
toledo
Well call me crazy but I want it. High bidder at 102 but won't be for long I'm sure. But I do know I'm going to pay way to much for this pipe.

brianlevine

Might Stick Around
Oct 10, 2011
I am out as well. Over my budget and right after Christmas. Good luck to the bidders.

Status
Not open for further replies.