PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindawg

Can't Leave
May 25, 2011
Made a trip down to my parents home this weekend. My dad is up in age and having health problems so we went down to lend a hand. While gone Missouri had a couple of its coldest nights getting into single digits. We didn't think it was any big deal as we had our heater on. Little did we expect but it failed to stay lit. This led to our water lines freezing and bursting in the ceiling above my home office/man cave. The ceiling gave way and the blown insulation came down with it. When we got home the water was running out under the wall in front of the house. The office, living room, bathroom and laundry room were flooded as well. We are starting the cleanup to find out what is ruined. I know one laptop a couple desktops, LCD monitors and printer are toast at this point. My nice leather pipe case and several pipes may be salvageable but there were lots of other good pipes on the desk we have to dig out and check as well as other things.

While its bad enough, it could have been much worse.

The clean up continues.

sebastian

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2013
Sorry to hear it Dawg. We had a similar issue when a pipe burst in our upstairs bathroom, but fortunately the damage was minimal.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
Ouch! That is one expensive heater failure! My thoughts go out to you in hopes some of your prized possessions and pipes are still okay that got into the path of destruction and that you can repair your home and get back to normal soon.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
This is really shitty. I hope it doesn't cost too much to fix everything. And I hope you can restore any pipes that have water damage. Ia all you baccy ok?

cedeks

Might Stick Around
Nov 16, 2012
Really sorry to hear that, hope you will have a chance to recover the rest of the flooded stuff. Wish you all the luck.

Rothnh I think you are so right I started a new trip two days ago to Saudi Arabia expecting cool or relatively warm weather. To my surprise since I arrived here the temperature during night never exceeded 5C (35-40F) it is freezing outside. Changes are definitely happening to earth weather.

zonomo

Lifer
Nov 24, 2012
Dang Dawg - I've had that happen and I lost a collection of antique books that were from the 1850's that had taken me about 15 years to acquire. So heart broken but I learned that life goes on. Best to you and your family.

yadan

Can't Leave
Dec 23, 2012
Central Galilee, Israel
I was depressed about a palm tree I lost in a recent storm in my country, but after having read about your loss, I'm counting my blessings.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Very sorry to hear it. We also had a bunch of our pipes burst last winter. I feel your pain my man. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Wow...that's just horrible. Water can really do a lot of damage and make one hell of a mess...hope the clean-up goes as well as possible for you.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Sorry to hear about your flood. We just had our basement flood. The one thing I have found out is that briar is very resiliant don't count out your pipes just yet if they got wet. I had one in a wet hunting jacket and while it was covered in mold and it discoloured the pipe it still smokes great. Tobacco not so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.