Not open for further replies.

crazypipe

Lifer
Sep 23, 2012
November 18, 2014

Not Everybody Will Like You

Disapproving Faces

by Madisyn Taylor
Not everybody we meet will like us and it is ok to move into acceptance rather than trying to make somebody like you.
It is not necessarily a pleasant experience, but there will be times in our lives when we come across people who do not like us. As we know, like attracts like, so usually when they don’t like us it is because they are not like us. Rather than taking it personally, we can let them be who they are, accepting that each of us is allowed to have different perspectives and opinions. When we give others that freedom, we claim it for ourselves as well, releasing ourselves from the need for their approval so we can devote our energy toward more rewarding pursuits.
While approval from others is a nice feeling, when we come to depend on it we may lose our way on our own path. There are those who will not like us no matter what we do, but that doesn’t mean that there is anything wrong with us. Each of us has our own filters built from our experiences over time. They may see in us something that is merely a projection of their understanding, but we have no control over the interpretations of others. The best we can do is to hope that the role we play in the script of their lives is helpful to them, and follow our own inner guidance with integrity.
As we reap the benefits of walking our perfect paths, we grow to appreciate the feeling of fully being ourselves. The need to have everyone like us will be replaced by the exhilaration of discovering that we are attracting like-minded individuals into our lives—people who like us because they understand and appreciate the truth of who we are. We free ourselves from trying to twist into shapes that will fit the spaces provided by others’ limited understanding and gain a new sense of freedom, allowing us to expand into becoming exactly who we’re meant to be. And in doing what we know to be right for us, we show others that they can do it too. Cocreating our lives with the universe and its energy of pure potential, we transcend limitations and empower ourselves to shine our unique light, fully and freely. :puffy:

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
I think the gist of that, rather tortured, message to take the world and the people in as it is and they are. My take is what Taylor needs is a dog, a big, loving, nonjudgmental dawg!
It's just another of those self-centered musings. Oops! I'm being judgmental aren't I? So sorry.
I just get a bit unhinged when I see the words universe, energy, acceptance, reward, nice feelings, perspective, opinions, et cetera and ad nauseum, all together in one bit of prose. It's a nasty world out there and we should not forget it.

okiescout

Lifer
Jan 27, 2013
Warren, the dog is a great idea. In a world that is less and less friendly to smokers, a thick skin will become a requirement! Then a pipe. A dog, a pipe, a good bird gun! A dog, a pipe, a bird gun, a good glass to end the day. Well ...... you get my drift. :D

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's true your best chance of being appreciated by others is being yourself in the best way you can.

Currying favor by trying to play to others despite yourself is unlikely to win much respect or affection

in the end. People are attracted first to the best showmen, and some showmen are really good people

and deserve their fair share of attention. But the rest of us just have to wait out the process of becoming

known as good people, even what it seems to take far too long.

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
That should be one of them sticky things.
Many folks on this forum should read and hopefully comprehend that before attacking others.
And for those who are going to say that kettle black pot thing I'll just remind them they should read and hopefully comprehend the above before posting.
You posted this exactly one hour before you posted some of the most insane frivolous gossip trashing the reputation of one of the most highly respected pipe sellers in the community.

adam12

May 16, 2011
@adam12
I'm sure you have been to the pipe shows. I would suggest maybe at the next couple of shows you ask a few of the long time dealers, many who might be your friends what they know about Coopersark and what he does to some pipes to get them ready to sell on FleaBay. You might be more than a little shocked at what you will hear.
No, I won't. Because unlike you, pipe shows are (to me) more about fun, fellowship, and smokin a pipe.
Pipe shows to me are not about acting like we're all back in high school, who's sitting at the cool table, who's got what, did you see so-and-so talking to so-and-so, gossiping like cheerleaders at a cheerleader competition, who bought this pipe before I could, who bought that pipe before I could, and bitching and complaining about MONEY.
Your mind is corrupted with the EXACT crap that I avoid in life, petty pseudo-important garbage that no one around you cares about except for yourself, which is why no one here cares about your incessant negativity and crapola.
Sorry man. Don't drag me into your weird world of misery.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I guess newbie didn't take the advice I gave on a much earlier thread in taking a high colonic.

Shame really as it might possibly improve his disposition.

Oh well... I tried.

lucky695

Apr 2, 2013
is this Douche going to infect every thread? GTFO! The OP didn't, nor did anyone, mention A$$BAG newbie.. STFU already.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Well, he does bring a delightful ignorance to the table. See I said something nice about him. Can't we all just get along. He may be a bit slow but, at least he's consistent. See, another compliment.
Let's see . . . one more . . . He's a good example of _____________(fill in the blank).

philip

Lifer
Oct 13, 2011
Puget Sound
My take is what Taylor needs is a dog, a big, loving, nonjudgmental dawg!

Here's a dog for Talor.

pete1700.jpg

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
Nice looking pipe, and about the only dog I can have in the house with an African Grey parrot.
Wow, I forgot what the original thread was about! My apologies to Teddy and a very thought provoking post. Just a shame that some posts/threads have to be constantly interrupted and thrown off track by, well... you know who. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.