Tags:   

Disappointed in myself and bummed...

(61 posts)
  1. waznyf

waznyf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,

Quite disappointed in myself with a recent action that I decided to make. I won't go into the details but long story short, I spent my first night in jail and am out on bond right now.
    I have had one or two troubles in the past as a juvenile but got past that and cleaned up my act. This recent incident has got me scared for my future. It most certainly isn't life ruining but it could drastically damage my desire to be an anesthesiologist.
    It will be my first charge as an adult but not my first entirely (hard to believe I was not always a good kid right?) and I am starting to worry whether or not my previous charge as a minor, which was serious, plus this charge could affect my chances of making into a med school.
    So, that is what I am extremely concerned about at this moment more than anything.

My second greatest worry at this time is running out of bacci when I get further into school! I am soon to be jobless and at some point I am sure I will run out of bacci. Before I leave, I will most likely place one last TAD order and then hope for an allowance from the folks until I can find a job... We won't tell them that I intend to spend some of their money on tobacco LOL

Guess I just wanted to express my worries to all of you and let you in on my past and current life a little bit.

-Frank

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  2. igloo

igloo

Beware Trouble Maker

Login to Send PM

The best part about spending a night in jail is it teaches you that you dont want to go back or live there full time . Now stay out of trouble .

“There was an awful suspicion in my mind that I'd finally gone over the hump, and the worst thing about it was that I didn't feel tragic at all, but only weary, and sort of comfortably detached.”
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Ditto what igloo said and you will surely get some baccy care packages off fellas on here.

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. guitarguy86

guitarguy86

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Stating that you're disappointed in yourself is a sign of good character. That isn't something everyone would do. No matter how big, or how small, we all make mistakes. I got into some trouble in high school, and that made me wake up and get my act together. Sometimes we need a kick in the ass to bring us back to reality.

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

All you can do is pray for best and prepare for the worst. I will be praying for you brother.

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. sparroa

simenon

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No point in worrying now about this incident's impact on your future; cross bridges as you come to them.

We all make mistakes but it won't hurt you to soul search, think about where and why you went wrong, and make a resolution to yourself not to go down that path again.

Honestly, tobacco is the least of your worries, because there are enough decent blends out there at an affordable price that you can get by without too much effort - maybe a few hours work on the side. I know school is tough but if you want something bad enough, you'll get it.

Anyway, I don't know you even in the context of the forums, but remember that today is the first day of the rest of your life. It's not too late to straighten up and make the best of the circumstances. Taking responsibility for your actions and acknowledging where you went wrong is the first step.

Best of luck.

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. philobeddoe

Philo Beddoe

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

As the others have said, what's done is done, I don't know anyone without some demons, all you can do is learn from the experience and thInk about your future.

"So it goes." - K.V.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  8. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Just get a job, get an attorney and take the hurdles as they come. Try to get a deferred adjudication if you can as it will have less overall impact on your future. If you're looking at a felony, get a lawyer who can get it pled out as a misdemeanor. If it's a drug charge, especially try for deferment as anything drug related will dick your chance at holding a medical license.

Other than that, quit screwing around and keep your nose clean and you'll be A-OK.

Proud Member of the Blackblood Society Photobucket
    Posted 6 years ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

caliban

Login to Send PM

Nine times out of ten alcohol plays some role in these problems so keep that substance under surveillance in your life. Use it with care, which is good general advice anyway.

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. cajunguy

Cajunguy

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hard lessons are firm lessons. The situation you are in right now sucks, surely. But there is some wisdom to take from it. Remember how you feel right at this moment and, in the future, I highly doubt you'll steer off course.

Explore your legal options, as Baron said. Judges can be lenient if they feel leniency is deserved. I don't understand your situation completely, but explain to the powers that be what you've explained to us, and it might not end as badly as you think.

Good luck to you and we're here for you.

"It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none. None more black." - Nigel Tufnel, Spinal Tap
    Posted 6 years ago #
  11. User has not uploaded an avatar

arinbjorn

Login to Send PM

Nobody is perfect - and sometimes people have to learn the hard way.

The main thing is to walk away with having learned something. Been there myself - learned my lesson - though it was a rather complicated (but, thankfully, not very serious) thing.

I'm in the medical field. Anything from juvenile cases, 17 and down, is washed clean as far as medical licenses go... unless it was a felony.

If you're looking at a felony now, you ought to try to have it reduced to a misdomeanor. Felonies are pretty much all that really sticks when it comes down to brass tacks, and when getting a job.

Don't let it hold you down. You paid/are paying your dues to society. Get back up, dust yourself off - and if you want to be an anesthesiologist, you'll make it happen. It's a pretty sweet job, really. I'd say that after putting surgical patients to sleep, I observe anesthesiologists spending about 80% of their time chilling out on the clock during surgeries.

Posted 6 years ago #
  12. nsfisher

nsfisher

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Don't know what to tell you mate. If you were in trouble with the law as a juevy, and again in trouble as an adult, I would say you need to take a step back, take a look at yourself and determine what is wrong. As far as Med. School: if you want it bad enough, clean up your act. I am sorry if I am coming accross harsh, but in today's Society, I have very little or no pity for those who cannot stay out of trouble. The only person screwing up your future is YOU.

If at first you don't succeed, have another bowl.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  13. sjpipesmoker

sjpipesmoker

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

My dad told me once...."If you go to jail, dont call me cause i'm not going to bail you out" that scared me enough to not ever set foot in a jail (except for work), If you clean your self up and stay out of trouble and fix whatever got you in trouble this time, your charge at a juvenile may not be considered, and you may be able to get ix exounged (all depends on the charge) Youre too young to be getting in trouble...straighten up your life, stay out of trouble and stop doing whatever you did that got you in trouble

One more thing...running out of tobacco should be the least of your worries!!!

Posted 6 years ago #
  14. hobie1dog

hobie1dog

Penzaholic

Login to Send PM

Excellent advice given so far to the point that I don't need to add anything. Keep us posted on what happens.

" I'm talking about the kind of sound you can feel. When it comes to great stereo you can't beat big speakers, I'm talking about big speakers with big woofers."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  15. pipesicle

pipesicle

Login to Send PM

If the charge does come up in a med school interview, if you keep clean from now on, you will be able to tell the interviewer how this changed your life for the better and how it made you appreciate how important your future is. Everyone gets one "oh shit", but now is the time to walk the straight and narrow.

Posted 6 years ago #
  16. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Frank, I can relate, so I hope you won't mind some friendly advice. First, don't beat yourself up about poor decisions. It's not time to feel sorry for yourself, but a time to take concrete steps in ensuring that it never happens again. But based on your track record, if you do nothing, it's likely to happen again.

I ran into trouble when I was your age, but I finally made the decision that I wanted to fix myself. I had little money, but I was able to find a solid therapist for free through the YMCA. But I didn't go there to complain and feel sorry for myself—I went there to fix myself. In 6 months I made a complete turn around and I never had to go back.

One final piece of advice: The best therapist is not one who tells you how to think, but helps YOU to sort out your own issues. You have to do the work and a good therapist will help you help yourself. Best of luck to you.

"Be seeing you"

Posted 6 years ago #
  17. waznyf

waznyf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I really appreciate all of the well wishes and support guys. Those of you who apologized for sounding too harsh should not have any reason to do so. Hiding from the truth won't do me any good.
    I am going to court today and will fill you in as to what is going to happen. The judge did mention deferment and I only pray that I will luck out and get it through good behavior. Probation is one of the penalties and I will look at it as a blessing to keep me out of trouble while I am at school... More time to study and less to party.
    Once again thank you all and I will keep you informed.

Posted 6 years ago #
  18. numbersix

numbersix

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good for you Frank - and good luck!

Posted 6 years ago #
  19. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Frank, I am gonna give one piece of advice and it is good stuff. Get honest with yourself!

Posted 6 years ago #
  20. mluyckx

BelgianTex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck today in court ! Learn, move on and live. But note the first word... learn from it Looks like you will.

"The fact is, squire, the moment a man takes to a pipe, he becomes a philosopher. It's the poor man's friend; it calms the mind, soothes the temper, and makes a man patient under difficulties. It has made more good men, good husbands, kind masters, indulgent fathers, than any other blessed thing on this universal earth."
    -"Sam Slick, the clockmaker" aka T.C.Haliburton
    Posted 6 years ago #
  21. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I made some mistakes early on as well. Learn from them and move on. Years from now you will look back and be like "what was I thinking"?

Michael
    Posted 6 years ago #
  22. waznyf

waznyf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Gonna get my head in the game. Thinking about such things calls for a very good pipe loaded with some good tobacco. Headed to court in less than an hour.

Posted 6 years ago #
  23. mrgunnar177

mrgunnar177

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck!

You can buy education, but wisdom is a gift from God.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  24. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hope it all works out and you take this lesson in life to heart. You seem like a very cool kid and I would hate to see you ruin your life. Best of luck to you.

Posted 6 years ago #
  25. cacooper

cacooper

Login to Send PM

Greetings,

I'm 52 years old, and in all those years I NEVER, EVER even came close to being arrested and sent to jail. NEVER!
    Just lucky? I think not. I kept my nose clean, respected people and property and never put myself in the position to break the law enough to go to jail. Traffic tickets, sure. But not in the last 15 years. Again, lucky? Maybe. Hard to say, but probably not.

It just baffles me how some folks are always tangled with the law, have court dates, probation officers, and the like. It's a lifestyle that's totally foreign to me.

Good luck on your future. As said before, learn from it and clean up your act. It's far better to be a member of the law abiding than the law breaking. Much more productive and far less stressful.

CACooper

Posted 6 years ago #
  26. photoman13

photoman13

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

No one can understand why another person does the things they do. Some of you who have never been in trouble might have had it easy with middle class family who loves and supports you. Sometimes people steal food or get in with the wrong people because they need support.

I have to say if I lived back in the 50's or 60's I would have gotten in a lot of trouble because I would have been protesting for civil rights.

Or in the 30's during the great depression stealing food because they can't afford it.

There are a lot of things that have to be taken into account.

Posted 6 years ago #
  27. hawk60ce

hawk60ce

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I know ive been lucky haha

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  28. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Sometimes people steal food or get in with the wrong people because they need support.

Jean Valjean
    Les Misérables is a great novel.
    Good luck today in court ! Learn, move on and live. But note the first word... learn from it Looks like you will.

@ waznyf - You are only stupid if you don't learn.
    Don't be depressed and spiral down but continue on and always do your best.

Posted 6 years ago #
  29. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

I had to learn to be good. When I was younger I had nicknames like Eyeball, Section 8 and Damage and I earned them...and a lot of crap I didn't need that goes with that. Be smart and learn to get up every day, decide not to do the things that you know you could do and do instead what you know you're supposed to. No instant gratification there, but the payoff is much much better!

Posted 6 years ago #
  30. msandoval858

msandoval858

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Personally, I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been lucky. In my youth I did some things that certainly could have put me in a very similar spot but I never got caught. It's one of those things that I had to learn to own up to and get my sh*t together.

My advice is to recognize that you have issues and do something about them now while the stakes are low. It may not seem that way now but before you know it you'll have a wife, kids, a career, a home, etc. At that point you have a hell of a lot more on the line than you do now. Fix and put this part of your life behind you, there's a long road ahead.

Mike
    Posted 6 years ago #
  31. martiniman

martiniman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck in court.

Posted 6 years ago #
  32. shawn622

shawn622

Knucklehead

Login to Send PM

I know the law man. I have been through the system several times. No felonies thank God, But a lot of misdemeanors. 95% of mine are driving charges, none the less I did many 1-3 day jail bits. PM me with your charge and I'll tell you what to expect. As far as tobacco goes, I'd be happy to help a man who is helping himself by furthering his education so send your address and what you like and i will do what I can. I struggle pretty bad but i have a surplus of tobacco and have a monthly allowance for tobacco that covers my needs x2. So PM me and I'll do for you what has been done for me!!!

There's nothing quite like tobacco: it's the passion of decent folk, and whoever lives without tobacco doesn't deserve to live.
    -Moliere
    Posted 6 years ago #
  33. portascat

portascat

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am a Texas Correctional Officer. I can assure you that prison is no place for anyone.

I had a bit of a tumultuous childhood, myself. You can grow out of it if you put you mind to it.

"To seek freedom is the only driving force I know. Freedom to fly off into that infinity out there."
    Posted 6 years ago #
  34. bigvan

bigvan

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

"I know the law man. I have been through the system several times."

The second sentence disproves the first sentence.

Sorry, Shawn, I couldn't resist.

Posted 6 years ago #
  35. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ok, so show up and post already and let us know you're alright Frank!

Posted 6 years ago #
  36. carlomarx

carlomarx

Login to Send PM

I believe that life is a matter of lucky breaks, second chances and near misses. Most of us have probably been saved by one or more of them. It sounds like you have reached a crossroad in life and this might be your last chance to get on the right path.

If you haven't already, you are probably close to running out of lucky breaks, second chances and near misses.
    Read baronsamedi's reply and follow his advice!!

I don't know what charges yopu are facing but I will tell you this...I've had a career in medicine and medical education; a criminal record as an adult WILL have an adverse effect on your options for a career in ANY health care related field.
    I don't mean to be self righteous but as a guy who benefitted from a few lucky breaks and second chances in my life I'm only trying to help. The fact that you are aware of the seriousness of your situation tells me that you know what you have to do; be honest with yourself and choose your path and reread baronsamedi's post and get an attorney ASAP!
    Good luck, get this behind you and become the man you want to be.

Posted 6 years ago #
  37. reichenbach

reichenbach

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

There is nothing I can add in the realm of advice, There is already a lot of good advise on here so I will only add my good wishes for you.

I know a lot of good people that have run a foul of the law. Some of them learned and will benefit. Some of them didn't (or won't), and they will suffer for it.

I hope you catch a break and thrive. To reiterate Portascat (and something I posted in another thread), my dad works corrections in NY and you don't want to become a 'guest of the state.'

I hope we hear from you soon and with good news.

Posted 6 years ago #
  38. bentmike

bentmike

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

straighten up waz don't let us or yourself down.

Posted 6 years ago #
  39. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

Crap. Where's Frank?

Posted 6 years ago #
  40. swilly

swilly

Login to Send PM

I've been hitting refresh every so often, but nothing yet.

Posted 6 years ago #
  41. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

I'll have to check his youtube feed. He posts on there often.

Posted 6 years ago #
  42. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Cant sleep. Worried about Frank. I hope this song finds you well. It is about the best advice I can give you at this moment in time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSh2XeLY7YE

Posted 6 years ago #
  43. waznyf

waznyf

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Hey everyone,

Sorry for the delayed message. I appreciate the concern expressed.

Yesterday turned out only being a probation meeting. Nothing significant came of it.
    I found out that I am due back in court for a preliminary hearing on the 14th of August.
    What bothers me even more now is what I heard yesterday...
    While at the courthouse I was told that my charge could put me in jail for two months if not longer.

The preliminary hearing is after school starts which means the actual araingment won't be until a week or so after that. I am concerned that I may be sentenced to jail time even though I will be in school, thus missing out on the rest of my semester. My troublesome actions couldn't have come at a worse time.
    It is killing me to think that my first few weeks at school will be spent worrying about whether or not I will just be putting an entire semester to waste due to jail time.

Thanks for the concern everyone, and as I said before I will keep you informed as I become more aware of the situation. For now I am looking for a lawyer to help me at least avoid jail time.

Posted 6 years ago #
  44. maduroman

maduroman

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

hang in there, kid.

try to put it out of your mind because for the most part it is out of your hands. focus on going forward and not thinking backwards. BUT if things do not go your way, stand up and take your punishment like a man.

btw, you should know that if you are in kalifornia, jail is a smoke free place, and that should be enough to try to stay out of it

Posted 6 years ago #
  45. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

Frank:

If your life continues with the shouldas, couldas and wouldas it is not going to go as planned. If your gonna dance, you gotta pay the fiddler. Sorry for being so harsh, but this is real life with real life consequences. It is time to cowboy up and face reality or you will be going down a road you will not like. Life won't include med school or 2 months in a county jail. It will be something much worse. Think about this as I believe you have said this is not your first scape with the law.

Posted 6 years ago #
  46. mick

Bulldog Mick

Login to Send PM

I can't help but feel like your going to school will be a good reason not to send you to jail. I mean, probation or s community service type of punishment would better serve society's needs considering yanking you from school to put you in jail is only bound to (objectively speaking, not a judgement call about you personally) send you on a wrong track more than keep you on the right track. I don't know if that makes sense, but hopefully that's how things pan out. Good luck!

Just try one small bowl and you will forever more be a Grousemoor whore.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  47. mluyckx

BelgianTex

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Keep us posted Frank. Don't fret or worry too much. What will come, will come.

But as others have said, learn from it. Consider it a wake-up call

Posted 6 years ago #
  48. mrenglish

mrenglish

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Well, it isn't going to be easy in school with this hanging over your head. But, as others have said, being in school is a good thing because it shows you are trying to accomplish something with your life and not just being some punk who will end up back up in the system. If you can, see if you can do some volunteer work while you are at it, this might help build your case to keep you out.

Posted 6 years ago #
  49. baronsamedi

baronsamedi

Black House Whore

Login to Send PM

A Good Lawyer: Get One.

The attorney will be able to negotiate with the prosecutor and/or get your trials delayed/rescheduled so that you get the right judge on the right day. I got into a little (ahem) trouble and my lawyer knew the DA would not negotiate before election day because his opponents would say he was soft. I was up for a Felony and could have done 5 years, which was no bueno. He got the trial pushed back until after the DA was re-elected and then was able to get it knocked down to a misdemeanor and all I had to do was a year of deferred adjudication. By the time we showed up to court both parties were already in agreement and judges like that. I was a good boy for a year and no criminal record!

Get consultations and find out wht lawyers can best help you. Court is a game of compromise. I call it "spaghetti and meatballs". Most of the time you are just negotiating how many meatballs you get on your plate, rather than if you'll have to eat it. From your last post it sounds like you will.

Your school, family support and work can make a world of difference in how well your attorney will be able to advocate for you, so make those things happen. If you do get time, having school and a full time job could mean the difference between doing weekends in jail and doing all your time in one bite.

I know the system a bit and I know people who have gone to jail for just about everything, from murder and arson, down to a piddly pot bust, so PM me or email if you need advice.

Posted 6 years ago #
  50. shawn622

shawn622

Knucklehead

Login to Send PM

Its cool bigvan. I know the law from messing up when i was younger. Then I lost my license and kept driving. I had 5 revocations. Thats when I got in the most trouble. I am happy to say that I am being a pretty good boy nowadays!!! If your judge give you jail time ask him to let you do weekends. At least you can keep going to school. Plus most places give 3 days credit for a weekend when your only there 2. Good luck!!!!!!!

Posted 6 years ago #
  51. philip

Philip

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

It is killing me to think that my first few weeks at school will be spent worrying about whether or not I will just be putting an entire semester to waste due to jail time.

Do your best to just focus on the school work you have to do.

I know that may be easier said than done, but if everything else should work out, it would not be good to have lost the first few weeks due to worry.

Keep your goals always in mind and let us know how things go.

Posted 6 years ago #
  52. ravkesef

ravkesef

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Frank, we all feel for you. We don't condemn you--we are, however, as disappointed in your actions that led to this situation as you apparently are. And all of us hope that you'll make it through this in reasonably good shape because it seems that you've learned a lesson.
    A number of respondents have suggested that you get yourself a crackerjack lawyer, and while I'm sure you have legal representation, I'm not hearing anything about your lawyer from you. Please give that your most serious thought, and if you have to go into debt to find the right attorney, it might be worth it in the long run. This is not to excuse whatever it was you did, but simply to ensure that you make it through this mess in the best possible way.

Eric
    Posted 6 years ago #
  53. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I got arrested 15 years ago, and the judge involved was kind enough to me to give me a deferred entry of judgement so it wouldn't go on my record.

It was an embarrassing and painful experience that really helped me grow up and realize who cares about me in life ... and that's about all the positive benefits I acquired from it. For the most part, it was just a hard and harsh time, but it was humbling nonetheless.

The law is far from perfect but it's there for a very good reason. So do yourself a favor, and don't go about getting yourself in that kind of trouble.

“ Rest satisfied with doing well, and leave others to talk of you as they please. ”
    — Pythagoras
    Posted 6 years ago #
  54. barkar

barkar

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

You already know what you need to do....do it.

Keep your stick on the ice!....Barry....
    Posted 6 years ago #
  55. igloo

igloo

Beware Trouble Maker

Login to Send PM

You can always ask to see the judge in his chambers weeks before the trial and before school starts . And beg for his guidance , you might be suprised at the outcome . Judges for the most part just want what is best for all involved and to maybe save a few along the way . They have the ability to be quite creative on what the punishment can be .

Posted 6 years ago #
  56. colcolt

colcolt

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Some hard earned advice from one who's been there. I don't know if there were "friends" involved or what all this entails but and if there were friends involved, in the future choose your friends wisely...very wisely.

Case in point. A "friend" I had known all my life and myself did a stupid thing and were seen by a man out back of where I lived although we didn't know he was around. The police had a couple detectives come out to the house questioning me about it and of course, I lied and also told them there was no one else involved but they knew better. I had to go before the judge and was given three months in a detention center. My "friend" never was questioned as they didn't know him and I wouldn't say. That three months put me way behind in school and when I got out of that place I was a new "man". I had been born again and swore I'd never have to go to a place like that again. I failed the 9th grade English class as I couldn't keep up with assignments being so back logged because of being gone three months. I was given a reprieve and promoted to the 10th grade IF I should I could keep up and do well in English. That class was for those who weren't as challenged as the regular classes. I did so well they not only let me stay in the 10th grade but actually after three months, put me in an advanced English class!

Now to the worse part. That same friend and I a couple years later went to some place where there was dancing, music and drinking and we both got shit faced. I decided to let him drive us home as I didn't feel I could do it but little did I know (what do yo know at 17?)that he was as bad off as I was. He side swiped a car within a mile or two from home and the guy turned around and came after us. I told this friend where to go and turn and then told him to jump out of the car and run since he was on probation and they'd throw him in jail. so, he obliged me and ran. Just as he got out of sight, this guy pulls up along with the cops and they frisked me and questioned me about the other guy. I told them I was the only one and there was no one with me but they knew I was lying.

Some days later I stood before the judge as he questioned me and again lied for my buddy. He got me tangled up in a lie and told the bailiff to take me downstairs(jail). I spent the rest of the day and most of the night behind bars at 17 years old taking a rap for someone else. Fortunately for me my Mom had to appear that day with me as a juvenile and she put up such a fuss they brought me out of jail and again I stood before the judge. I don't recall all he said but in a nutshell he said if I ever appeared before him again I'd best not lie to him. They let me go. Scared the hell out of me and I made up my mind nothing was more precious to me than my freedom-nothing nor anybody. Again I say, IF friends were involved be sure to know them well and choose most wisely. Know how they'll respond under a certain set of circumstances and especially how they react to alcohol. It turns some into a Jekyll/Hyde. If only you were involved may I suggest giving a close, hard look at your life and where you want to be a year from now. It certainly will not involve jail time.

End of sermon.

Posted 6 years ago #
  57. beewrangler2

beewrangler2

Login to Send PM

From someone who works on the other side of the fence here in Michigan, Frank. We have a saying that goes something like this, "Working here is fear in itself of ever residing here". Not trying to play scared straight, but those are the facts. Hope everything works out, you learn from your choices and get to where you want to be in life.

Professional Bee Handler, If you see me running, you should follow.
    Posted 6 years ago #
  58. ace57

ace57

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Ever hear (You have to pay to play) Well some of us goof up but still have to pay to play.

U.S.M.C. (SEMPER FI)
    Posted 6 years ago #
  59. gwtwdbss

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good luck with everything Frank!

Posted 6 years ago #
  60. User has not uploaded an avatar

caliban

Login to Send PM

I hate to say it, but this may be a problem that you will have to throw a lot of money at, in the form of an expensive lawyer. Try to find some funds somewhere.

Posted 6 years ago #
  61. zanthal

zanthal

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

colcolt, that's a pretty amazing story of turning oneself around.

Ever hear (You have to pay to play) Well some of us goof up but still have to pay to play.

Yeah I'd say the moral of the story there is to not be so hard on yourself, and keep on with your best foot forward.

Posted 6 years ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   headhunter, buzkirk, sumusfumus, odobenus, disinformatique, donjgiles, ormazd, justanotherdude