Directors Cut Tobacco, Another German Treat?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
I just placed a large order of the stuff based upon word of mouth. Have you tried it? I'd love to hear thoughts.

samcoffeeman

Can't Leave
Apr 6, 2015
I have a few tins. Sweet and slightly smoky(dark fired smoky not lat smoky). Good stuff. The moisture content is excellent and the cut is very unique. Small coins with a mixture of ribbon and broken flake. Packing this stuff is fun, the coins are small enough to layer in a reg size bowl with the other parts mixed in between in whatever manner you please. IIRC, the ribbon is bright Virginia and the broken flake is burley. The coins are VA/per.

pruss

Lifer
Feb 6, 2013
Mytown
Hey Nate. One of my top five favourite blends.
Here were my initial thoughts:

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/hu-tobacco-directors-cut-snapshot
-- Pat

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
Thanks Sam!! That sounds wonderful!!! Can't wait to try a bowl!!
And thank you Pat!! Sounds like another sure thing!

oldreddog

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 4, 2014
Now that's another I was hoping would lay quiet.

I sure Herr W. could manage a cwt group buy up.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
It's very easy to order. He accepts PayPal and uses all English as opposed to Motzeks. Unless you want a small amount, a group buy isn't necessary. He can ship a medium box which Max's out at 900g for 18euro.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I've been wanting to try this, too, mainly because of Jim. I've come to realize that I need to focus on stocking up on tobaccos I know I can't live without, rather than chase down obscure blends I may or may not like. I feel pretty burned with my recent Strang order (notice I dropped the exclamation mark?). I'm just gonna stick to ordering pounds and pounds from the GH&Co family from now on. I'm very interested in hearing what you think of Directors Cut though.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I'm just gonna stick to ordering pounds and pounds from the GH&Co family from now on.
This is never a bad thing. See if you can find members here to swap samples with. As MSO489 has noted, putting a few grams of tobacco in a bag and stamped envelope will get it there for the price of a stamp.

gtrhtr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2016
I like Directors Cut a lot. Of the three similar tobacco blends in the line it is my favorite. Also in the lineup for General VaPer in that line are Edward G and Louisiana Broken which has more Perique in it.
As already stated, Hans' tobacco is always the perfect moisture when you open it
Next time you order, add a tin or two of Flanagan, my current favorite blend he makes. I've never tasted another blend like it.

andystewart

Lifer
Jan 21, 2014
I love Directors, but it gives me almost terminal bite. Just a personal chemistry thing, I suppose. The other belnd in this line which is great is Edward G. However, I IMHO my favourite of Hans' blends is Dockworker FLake, which is sublime.
Andy

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That Dockworkers does look really good! My grandfather would roll over in his grave if he knew I was buying German tobacco.

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
HOLY CRAP this stuff is absolutely stellar!! This is the first tobacco I'd rate a 10/10. I actually like it more than rope Strang! It's moisture content is perfect as is texture. Zero drying. Zero prep. Just stuff and light and smoke to ash. Perfect in all aspects.

Status
Not open for further replies.