PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
On January 24, I bought a meerschaum on eBay that required shipping directly from Turkey. After reading some horror stories here about ordering meers from Turkey, I was holding my breath. The pipe was only $59 -- which included shipping, a case, and a plastic stand -- so I had all kinds of worries: Would it be a miniature pipe? Would it arrive broken? Would I even get the pipe shape/design I ordered?
Well, I'm very happy to say that the pipe arrived today. It is exactly what I ordered, and it is in perfect shape. Here's a photo:

The only thing left to evaluate is its smokeability. Time to try my first bowl!
Bob

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
I'm cautiously hopeful. The draft hole in the screw tenon looks really tiny to me. . . But we'll see. I haven't had a meerschaum pipe in decades (sold my first one, a large Bacchus), so I'm eager to start coloring. . .
Can't decide what to smoke in it, though. I dedicate all of my briars to specific styles/blends. Not sure I want to do that with this meerschaum, though. We'll see...

crpntr1

Lifer
Dec 18, 2011
Texas
I have two, a Bacchus, and a claw and egg (both CAO) and they're both very specifically dedicated...to whatever I decide to put in them :lol:

I'm with you on the briars but I never dedicated these meers, even to blends. They smoke 1Q and nightcap equally as well...no flavor transitions

Status
Not open for further replies.