Pipes Magazine » Pipe Talk

Tags:  No tags yet. 

Direct from Turkey

(6 posts)
  1. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

On January 24, I bought a meerschaum on eBay that required shipping directly from Turkey. After reading some horror stories here about ordering meers from Turkey, I was holding my breath. The pipe was only $59 -- which included shipping, a case, and a plastic stand -- so I had all kinds of worries: Would it be a miniature pipe? Would it arrive broken? Would I even get the pipe shape/design I ordered?

Well, I'm very happy to say that the pipe arrived today. It is exactly what I ordered, and it is in perfect shape. Here's a photo:

The only thing left to evaluate is its smokeability. Time to try my first bowl!

Bob

Posted 1 year ago #
  2. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Good looking Meer there Bob, let us know how it smokes

The most important things in life are good friends and a good bullpen...not necessarily in that order

You may all go to hell, I'll go to Texas-Davy Crockett
    Posted 1 year ago #
  3. rmbittner

rmbittner

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I'm cautiously hopeful. The draft hole in the screw tenon looks really tiny to me. . . But we'll see. I haven't had a meerschaum pipe in decades (sold my first one, a large Bacchus), so I'm eager to start coloring. . .

Can't decide what to smoke in it, though. I dedicate all of my briars to specific styles/blends. Not sure I want to do that with this meerschaum, though. We'll see...

Posted 1 year ago #
  4. crpntr1

Chris

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I have two, a Bacchus, and a claw and egg (both CAO) and they're both very specifically dedicated...to whatever I decide to put in them
    I'm with you on the briars but I never dedicated these meers, even to blends. They smoke 1Q and nightcap equally as well...no flavor transitions

Posted 1 year ago #
  5. cigrmaster

cigrmaster

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Bob, that is a nice looking meer, I hope you enjoy smoking it.

Harris
    Posted 1 year ago #
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Anonymous

Unregistered

Login to Send PM

I dedicate all of my briars to specific styles/blends. Not sure I want to do that with this meerschaum, though. We'll see...

Bob, as long as you clean the pipe, including the bowl interior, after each smoke, you can smoke almost anything in a meerschaum -- IMO, dedicating a meer to a particular blend is completely unnecessary.

Posted 1 year ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   dmcmtk, wallace, huntertrw, derfatdutchman, brdavidson, andystewart, papipeguy, tarheel1, rsuninv, chasingembers, decigar, drayve85, buzkirk, lordofthepiperings, oldreddog, jmatt, texmexpipe, astrange1, dlgillen, danindayton, northernneil, trailboss, pruss