New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I switched to luxury smoking, I got set up with both pipes and Cigars. I quickly realized that Cigars are not economically viable for me as a daily smoke, so I started pipe smoking more enthusiastically!
I do have a few nice cigars in my humidor, and I light one from time to time. Today I lit a "individually numbered limited edition" Padron 1964 Anniversary Edition Natural - Oh my! Such an exquisite cigar! I am still awed!

2017-06-25-130510-hdr-449x600.jpg

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I've smoked cigars off and on since the 90s, but I only discovered Padrons a couple of years ago. Absolutely one of my favorite cigars. But yeah, a bit pricey for everyday smoking.

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
The 1964's are exquisite! Pricey, yes, but OH SO GOOD!............ I try to buy a box of the 1964 Churchills once a year, as a treat to myself. It's hard to make them last the whole year. I have tried the 1926's which to me aren't nearly as tasty, and they cost more.......... :crazy:
I also like the Maduro wrapped sticks just a wee bit more too.... they seem a bit fuller/richer, with a little more spice. You can't go wrong with either, though........... :D
Edit: Watch some of the big cigar sites for sales, especially around the Holidays and Father's Day. I've scored some GREAT prices on boxes during these events, and rarely pay anything CLOSE to retail anymore, good deals are out there........

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
I liked the rich flavor of the 1964 series, but the basic 3000s, 4000s, etc. had a slightly looser draw, which I prefer. And they're a bit less expensive to boot. Which isn't to say I wouldn't try the 1964 series again -- so rich and tasty, almost chocolatey.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Question for you smokers of cigars: Does everyone leave the band on when smoking? Eons ago, it was considered boorish, but times, they have changed! Or is it a regional thing (though I saw some in NYC with bands intact.) On the left coast, they are left on by most.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Removing the band is a rather archaic rule, it is no longer steadfast and is now optional in most circles. When smoking with a group of people, follow the lead of your host.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I smoked one of the 1926 series of the same cigar once a few years ago (it was a gift).
Dayum. I came away completely understanding why wealthy people put humidors in their houses. If I had Bill Gates' money, I'd buy a train-car-load of those things.
I just now Googleized 'em and see I'm not the only person who thinks they're good:
https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/padron-1926-series-cigars/1474727/

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I'm trying to get into good cigars more these days. A couple weeks ago I went to Minnesota for my cousins wedding. One of his friends went to a tobacco farm in Cuba. He got to see the tobacco growing and watch them roll the cigars, and brought some back. So at the wedding he gave one to my cousin, who doesn't smoke. Long story short, he gave it to me after two puffs. OMG smooth and delicious. Ever since then, I've been wanting to get into decent cigars.
The one you have there, looks delicious!

Status
Not open for further replies.