PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
A break from my usual tradition of having the first smoke in an unsmoked pipe be some aged Esoterica Stonehaven I’m actually have some aged H&H Mature Virgina in the Nording 15 Grade I recently picked up.
I’ve never smoked Mature Virginia and the tobacco reviews were sort of all over the place but having purchased 2 lbs of it I figured I’d wait and form my own opinion since for me that’s the one that counts.
Well my opinion is that I liked it very much but since I was putting it through pipes that had not been dedicated to any specific tobacco type I figured my best bet would break in a pipe with it and find out. Nording chooses to coat the inside of the bowl so I knew I’d have to clear that up with a few smokes before I’d taste pure H&H Mature Virginia and by gosh today was that day, I’d say, for me at least, I’m glad I took the chance on this purchase since it’s becoming a favorite. The plan is to smoke about 1/3 of a lb then jar up the rest, just wish it had been 5 lbs! So here I am keeping it smokey with some Mature Virginia in the Nording, cheers.

banjo
43503588860_463bda8e56_z_d.jpg

fishnbanjo

Lifer
Feb 27, 2013
Same one Anthony first chance I’ve had to say anything about it was today, regards.

banjo

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Looks great! Yes, but is it as good as Four Aces? Bagged tobacco, just kidding, but Aces isn't too bad. Two pounds, wow, that's a leap of faith.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
i have Nording pipes at a range of price levels, none up there in the stratosphere with that one 'banjo is smoking, but good. They all live up to the Nording name. I wouldn't trade off the least of them, and certainly not the up-market ones. My basic Nording is a bent billiard rusticated Eriksen; the rusticated pattern is repeated on both sides of the pipe, but it is smooth smoking, ample bowled, and a good sturdy travel/car/pocket pipe, well worth the price. The up-market pipes are pure luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.