Didn't See This One Coming (Another Unexpected Death)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

toobfreak

Lifer
Dec 19, 2016
J. Geils, of the J. Geils band, guitarist, has passed away at the age of 71! Attributed to natural causes.
He was the author of several really big classic hits still played often today, left music for auto racing for a while, then came back to music in the '90's.

Jan 8, 2013
Well crap! I was never a huge fan, but Centerfold and Freeze Frame were always fun songs to listen to and music videos to watch. And you can't mention 80's music without those songs being a part of it. May he rest in peace.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
RIP. That is too bad. Back when Mtv played videos, Centerfold was always appreciated. :)

71 isn't too bad for a musician.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sad. One of the best live bands I've ever seen. By the time Centerfold hit, they were already falling apart.

My all time favorite J. Geils song. They opened for everybody in the last 70's! Ain't nothin like a J. Geils House Party! RIP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBXAzVN7PYg

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
That's too bad. They weren't exactly my kind of music in the 80's but their songs were pretty good.
Hey 71 of natural causes is a lot better than 25 and drug overdose.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
I guess thats a sign your getting old when the musicians and bands you listened to are slowly dissapearing

most of my favourites ar aroung the 70 mark now

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
These rock'n'rollers made their mark. Not good when they pass on relatively early, as with anyone. But they are fortunate in leaving behind work that will play into the future century.

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Cosmic, when I get asked questions about the possible outcome of an investigation I'll often say, I'm not Carnac the Magnificent or the Amazing Kreskin. I can't tell you how many folks don't understand the references. I then normally scream "Get off my lawn!". :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.