PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Getting ready for a road trip this weekend to visit some of the wife's family. Decided I'd take along a pipe to give to Tony (husband of my wife's cousin) as his broke a while ago.
Decided upon a WO Larson from a Christmas set I ordered. The set contained a pipe, tool, and tin of Larsen Signature tobacco for $79.99. I really only ordered the set for the tool but I've never tied this particular blend so I figured "what the heck, I might even be able to sell the pipe for $50 or so in the future to recoup most of my money".
The pipe that arrived didn't quite match the pipe in the picture of the set but I didn't care as I wasn't really interested in it as stated above and I figure Tony won't mind the pipe since it's free anyway. Took the pipe our of my cabinet today and went searching for the box. Found the box and while examining a card from an envelope in the box I noticed the band was sterling silver. Hmm. Looked a little closer and the band is stamped with 2015. Double checked the box and sure enough, it's a 2015 Larsen Bent Panel. A little google and I find a sandblast version available for $140, a smooth version for 230 Euros, and the exact version with the tool (out of stock) for 550 LEI, whatever those are.
Looks like Tony is getting hisself a nice pipe indeed. And I have a tin of Ashton Artisan's blend for him as well.
Just checked my original order and the kit is still in stock with the added note "due to popularity - we have had to change the pipe to our 2015 Bent Panel but the 3 piece pipe tool stays the same". Those folks at P&C are fantastic! And I should probably pay more attention. :mrgreen:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
An even better gift. Always good to spend time knowing what you have!

Status
Not open for further replies.