PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
When me and some buds graduated Mortuary school, we had our wax heads that we used for restorative arts practice. We thought it would be fun to see what a 30.06, an AK47, a .50 cal. Precussion pistol and a .12 ga shotgun would do at close range. Some of our best footage, like the long range shots from the .06 and the AK didn't make the cut because the second camera got wet and we lost the footage (which really sucked because I hit a head shot with the AK standing at 150m.)but we cobbled this together and it's freakin hilarious.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ40amHL41M&feature=related

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
My only comment here would be to note that this does nothing to dispel any negative preconceived notion one might have about morticians.
Not that there isn't MUCH more to say. Just that that would be my only comment here.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
negative preconceived notion one might have about morticians.

I had no idea that people viewed morticians in a negative light, considering they do such a difficult (I assume) and important job, I am really surprised to hear this.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Sigh.
On the interwebs, tt's hard to express sarcastic humor, or to let people know what to take seriously and what to consider a jape.

bhpdrew

Can't Leave
Oct 8, 2010
Washington State
Nifty. Oh, and Morticians are people too. Believe it or not, they really do have feelings. Unlike vampires. Or politicians. Who aren't really people and don't have feelings.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
Yeah I am one. We were blowing off steam after passing our Restorative Arts class. None of us had any time to get the guns out for a while and our RA heads made perfect targets. I asked the instructor if we could get credit for re-restoring the demolished heads, but no luck. too bad, woulda been a challenge. I can still make a damn good ear and I once made a new mouth for a guy and no one, including the Funeral Home recognized that it was made of putty. Just a little secret between me, the body and the one other guy in the prep room that day.
For the record, most morticians actually ARE a little bit crazy, but mortuary school weeds out the dangerous ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.