PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Now thats quite a collection
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/PIPE-COLLECTION-Meerschaum-FlameBriar-Ambe-rInternational-Unique-Antique-Long-/160701824429?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256a933dad

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Looks to me like he liked to collect them (Meers) but didn't smoke them too much.

I also spotted a "Jet Pipe" in there too.... I still miss mine... :crying:

Lots of goodies in that collection.

Might be fun for someone, with the funds.

brewshooter

Lifer
Jun 2, 2011
Yeah, the per pipe price doesn't actually seem that bad. I'm not saying I'M going to buy them. I just blew my wad on those two meers.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
very cool collection, the price seems high but for what it is its not bad, they all seem to be in very good shape

aussielass

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 18, 2011
Nice collection it surely is, but he/she is dreaming on the price they'll realise imo!

withnail

Oct 30, 2011
United Kingdom
I think the price is fair for what you get, but I do think they would have a lot more luck if they had split the lot into individual or small groups.

yoru

Jan 5, 2011
Fair price, but hard to sell it all at once, especially since it is 4 simple groups of pipes (more in less simple terms) that would be easier to sell, and probably yield more monies total.
Myself, I'd seriously consider buying a collection of just the bottom stuff (the bruyers)-- could actually afford half of them too. . .but the whole set? Not a chance I'm dropping 2 large.
Also, since when was the conversion to Canadian dollars such a small difference? I have books printed in the 80's/90's that say 9.99 US and 12.99 CA

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
Also, since when was the conversion to Canadian dollars such a small difference? I have books printed in the 80's/90's that say 9.99 US and 12.99 CA

Things are not like they used to be buddy the dollar basically aint worth crap in the global economy any more in comparison to the other major countries. If I remember correctly I think about a year back the CD was a couple cents higher than the USD

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
I should get a meer at some point.. That Viking meer on P&C.com has me lusting, but I can't justify 145 dollars on a pipe just yet. Sometime, though.. it'll happen.

boulder

Lurker
Nov 8, 2011

They look well kept and should find a nice home. (damn kids are looking to make a killing)
I feel 1,500 buy-it-now would be fair for the lot. :puffpipe:

seakayak

Sep 21, 2010
The man presents a remarkable collection of high quality pipes. Had I both the cash and appropriate display space, I'd seriously consider an opening bid. Alas, I have neither. I do have a wife who would likely have me evaporated if I tried to enter the competition.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
lol bout the same here seakayak, but now on second thought i got to ask myself a question. Would i enjoy all those pipes more than the company of my wife??? Hmmmm thats a difficult one

Status
Not open for further replies.