PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarhillgeoff

Might Stick Around
Nov 8, 2014
I just tried Mountain Pass and love it - but I see it, and a lot of other Sutliff blends are missing from the latest Smoking Pipes page?

aristokles

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2011
I'm not sure about Mountain Pass but their Bosphorus Cruise is history, one of my favorites of theirs. Figures. More have probably gone as well.
C&D has done the same with some of their premium labeled product as well, such as Elegant Emu. One (as in, I for one) might question discontinuing anything in this regulatory environment given the grief anticipated in getting new blends FDA approved in future. But what do I know? Not much, really. There are thousands of other blends out there still.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Even though a large number of the tins have been discontinued, most of the blends are still sold in bulk. I'm rather certain that Mountain Pass is Vanilla Custard. Kasimir is Count Pulaski, Court of Saint James is Voodoo Queen. A Taste of Autumn is Pumpkin Spice. Barbados Plantation is Queen Anne's Revenge. I don't know them all, but there are more.

aikatal

Might Stick Around
Apr 10, 2013
I'd heard a few weeks ago about some Sutliff blends being discontinued, and sent them an E-mail to ask about it. The reply I got said, in effect, that no blends were being permanently discontinued-- most were being put on a temporary hiatus, and would be brought back eventually. In some cases, the E-mail said, it was necessary for Sutliff to restock certain tobaccos used in the blends that they no longer had in the quantity required to continue production at this time. I guess time will tell if that's how it will go or not.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I noticed Balkan Luxury Blend 957 was not showing up at online retailers, so I'm glad to learn 4noggins has it. They often have items that are hard to locate. 4noggins also has briar Medico pipes, which are downright scarce; all you see are Brylon in the Medico line. 4noggins also has some 1 ounce samplers which are not easy to find, and a number of their own bulk tobaccos. It's worth making regular visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.