PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
Sat down and played with P&C and SP.c for a little while. To build up a cigar and pipe tobacco that would last me about 25-30 years at my current rate would be just over $5,100.
This includes 34 pounds of D&R tobaccos, seven boxes of good cigars, several cobs with extra stems, and a Ser Jacopo Picta Magritte. It does not account for my current cellar, which will likely only last a few years.
That's no pocket change, but not bad for a rather wasteful hobby! Though I do doubt I'd stop buying tobacco for the entire 25 years.
Alright, back to work.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I think some hoarding against price increases makes sense. On the other hand, your tastes change. Life situations, in my case, have sometimes caused me to cease pipe smoking for long periods. So, to the degree possible, I'd like to avoid building some huge trove of leaf. Most of us have to move at least several times over a lifetime, and vast storage of anything can impede that process and be extremely expensive in itself.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Hmm I happened to pass the local B&M on my lunch time walk one day last week when I decided to pop in and take a look. I saw a beautiful Castello Old Antiquari ring grain canadian. I was smitten. I now have a thing for small canadians.
I was so close to pulling the trigger but $500 seemed over priced. I tried to talk the guy down as I probably would have bought it for $400 but he wouldn't budge.
Now imagine if I went and spent $5k in tobacco in one fell swoop. I think I would give my wife a heart attack. Hmm I swear I didn't kill her officer.

hextor

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 20, 2015
yea i have a package in the office, waiting, my wife will kill me when she sees it, i have been stocking my cellar little by little.

bostoneo

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2016
Akron, OH
My wife gave up on me and the mounting, 5 now, 80qt containers of baccy accumulating in the office. I'm set for 2 bowls a day for the next 30 years, IDK how iam going to ever smoke it all. Hopefully it cellars well and the wife sells it for "life insurance" money lol.
Good thing about having that much baccy is it will most certainly get age on it.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
I've been stock piling some of my favorite blends that would go away if this FDA business continues. I explained it to my wife and also told her that I had to take advantage of that P&C summer sale and the 20% off in October.

Cliff_K

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 5, 2016
Ferron, Utah
@fitzy that's about the same thing I told my wife. She finally let me pull the trigger at the last minute. For the warhorse release today I told her that I had to jump on it before it was gone and that in couple of years when it has some age I'll sell it and buy her something nice. I DIDN'T tell her it might not make it to the 2 year mark before I smoked it all lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.