PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
http://m.ebay.ca/itm?itemId=191235528389 I won this on the North America Ebay site for a dollar..... the only problem is that I have no idea what this pipe is I have never heard of Royalton Filterwell, I just seen .99 cents and 2 minutes and reacted. Any information about this pipe would be greatly appreciated. Ps. I know Dr. Grabow had a royalton model but I don't know if this pipe is one of those.

Jan 8, 2013
For a dollar, no you didn't mess up. However, as rangerearthpig pointed out, you did get tagged for $20 shipping on a dollar pipe. That makes MY ass sore.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
Shit y'all scared me for a second. 8O

That's why I said it was on the north america ebay site, the link I posted was another continent/country's site (I don't know how ebay breaks up international sites) I couldn't find the United States ebay to get the url. This is just a long way to say I didn't pay $20 shipping which was international shipping, I paid $4 shipping.

papipeguy

Lifer
Jul 31, 2010
Bethlehem, Pa.
Hope this helps.
Brands with an unique letter logo
▲ (Left side) Royalton, Smoke Control, Supreme

(Right side) Imported Briar Pat. N 02526658
Royalton pipes were manufactured by HLT (Henry Leonard & Thomas, Inc. of Ozone Park, New York), according to a 1944 advertisement. (see document).

Other brands manufactured by Henry Leonard & Thomas: Dr Grabow, Bruce Peters, Broadcaster, Vox Pop

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
So, it's a dollar pipe with $4 shipping. I think it depends on how it smokes. Some inexpensive pipes

just hog a slot on the rack and either get neglected because they don't smoke that well, or they get

neglected because everything else is more appetizing at any particular moment. This could be one of

the best pipes in the stable or $5 to the wind. I don't think there's an answer until you own it for a while.

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
Well, the price has certainly remained the same since 1948. Will be eager to hear how she smokes.

homeguard95

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 18, 2014
I'll be sure to post pics and tell y'all how it smokes. coalsmoke is that your clever way of telling me I paid $4 to much? :D But in all seriousness coalsmoke thanks for the picture I love those old pipe ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.