PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokedragon

Might Stick Around
Jan 31, 2013
So I was scoping out the Dr. Grabows on ebay to see if I could find some cheap bowls for my incoming viking. I came across this ebay listing for 3 Grabows being sold by an antique store for 29.99 or best offer. Decided what the hell, and offered $15. The seller accepted in about an hour. Here are the pics. Looks like a Golden Duke, a Color Duke, and a Viking. I don't really know much about them, but I have been trying to find some lower range pipes that offer decent value. Do you guys think I did well?

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Sure, you got a good deal at $5 a pipe, but more than that, you bought a nice array of Dr. Grabows in good condition,

representing three different distinct lines of the pipe. I think Dr. Grabow, maybe along with Benton pipes (which I think

is located in Texas) do the best machine made pipes in the U.S. They smoke great; they're durable; they are designed

with a eye to both the tradition and the times. I'm always impressed with the detail and care. I think the employees

smoke and collect their own pipes; they just have that look and feel. The Royalton bulldog has more style and subtlety

in its carving than many a pipe at ten times the price. Those folks in Sparta, N.C., know what they're doing.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I think you done good. I had one like the Viking 40+ years ago, maybe it was one, wish I still had it.

waznyf

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 24, 2012
Texas
$15? Those pipes look spectacular! I'd say you scored an awesome deal! Even $30 probably wouldn't have been too bad for all three. Congratulations! :)
-Frank

martiniman

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 6, 2012
Robbed, you were robbed, how about some swamp land in fla?
Just kidding, nice grab. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.