PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
Since I was so inspired by BentMike's African Blackwood tamper, I went to the wood scrap pile and found this gem waiting to be carved.... :puffy:
photo63-600x450.jpg

photo73-600x450.jpg

Jul 12, 2011
My 7yr son is helping to design these with me and

they will be going up on BriarBid.com for-sale,

so to support his Lego buying ;-)
Great kid, hard worker and fantastic eye for design and art

around the briar grains....a chip off the 'ol Briar

block... ;-)

Jan 8, 2013
That's nice. If I had one like that, I'd likely designate it to my Nording freehand. So, when I'm ready to buy tampers, I'll come to you for one similar to that, and I'll go to Bentmike, for one that might go well with my Petey.

Jul 12, 2011
Thank you all for the kind words, My son was so happy to see the responses...he has listed this briar tamper on briarbid.com so lets all show him the PM.com spirit here! When I asked him what he was going to do if he was to sell his design, he said...Lego kits and more tools for making briar tampers :worship: He has a better eye for this than I do, that is for sure
http://www.briarbid.com/lil-smokinds-fans-of-briar-tander,name,101369,auction_id,auction_details

carbz13

Might Stick Around
Jan 27, 2013
Nice work- Legos were the only "toys" I wanted when I was young, so I'll have to get one of your tampers eventually to help support his addiction.

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
I like that. Between the grain and the plateau it reminds me of some sort of tree blowing in the wind. Organic.

ciderguy

Can't Leave
May 30, 2013
Its gorgeous! Out of my price range, but I know some people will want to pick one of these up.

Status
Not open for further replies.