Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
While growing up in West By God Virginia I learned and was intrigued about the Hatfield and McCoy feud, hell it was even taught in school. Now that I am a piper, I am looking for a "Devil Anse" pipe. I have seen very nice ones being put out by well established carvers with high price tags, but does anyone know where I can get an affordable one under 200 bucks?

fiberpiper

Lurker
Jan 23, 2015
I recently commissioned an anse from Eric Paulson for around $140. His workmanship is great and communication is excellent. I received the pipe in around a month after ordering it and I couldn't be more pleased with it. Check his stuff out at www.ericpaulsonpipes.com

johnnyreb

Lifer
Aug 21, 2014
Another vote for Eric Paulson. After 5-6 months I am still just as happy with the pipe and his workmanship as I was the day I got it. I had him add a synthetic antique Ivory shank ring which I think would have been true for that time and really sets it off. Here's a thread with pics I started at that time:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/paulson-devil-anse
By the way, welcome to the forum.

May 31, 2012
Kevin%20Costner%20as%20Devil%20Anse%20Hatfield%20in%20Hatfields%20%20McCoys%20-1200.jpg

hatfieldspipe.jpg

0243.jpg
Of all the different interpretations I've seen, I think Chris Askwith nails it the best!

:puffy:

sjfine

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 4, 2012
I would opt for the Paulson. I have one and I love it. When I was looking, I found that Eric's shape was the most well-proportioned.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Carvers usually make them too long or barely cant them at all.
To me Paulson's aren't canted forward enough.
That Askwith is the closest I've seen to the one Costner smoked.

dulgunz

Can't Leave
Feb 11, 2015
I just emailed Eric about a DA commission with a bone Lucite shank ring. I am anxiously awaiting his reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.