PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
Hi Guys,

I am pretty new to the forum and have been lurking a couple weeks. I am learning a lot.

I tried 1Q on Pstlpkr's recommendation and love it for an everyday smoke. Can anyone

ID the flavor in there? It seems similar to BCA also. I don't know if it is butter-rum, vanilla,

or exactly what. Any ideas???

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
I got the taste of carmelized Marshmallows or the smell of Baking cookies. I can't put my finger on it, but its one of my favorite smokes.

johnnyrebel

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 3, 2010
Everybody has good things to say about 1Q, I think im going to have to see if i can't find some this week. I'll post up when i get my hands on some. Sounds really good.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Funny, I was at the local B&M store today and there were 2 guys in there, one a pipe guy and the other was his buddy he brought in to buy a cheap pipe and some baccy so that he could get off of his snuff. I started talking to them about the first blends for him to try and the experienced guy had never heard of 1Q before, so the old man behind the counter called the other store to find out what they had labeled it. So we found it and they both stuck their nose in the big glass jar and fell in love with it, and bought a bag to take with them. I told them that usually everybody loves it, and all the people around them love it too.

oldmaus

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2010
I agree Abecox It does has a carmel flavor, sure do enjoy it. I just jarred up 2# for the cellar last evening.

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I can't explain it either, but its my favorite thus far. I just had a bowl of 4noggins Bald Headed Teacher and after about a third of the bowl it had a similar taste to 1Q, not as good, just a little less sweet tasting. I will keep a jar around.

tanless1

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 14, 2010
I'm not big on the super heavy latakia blends, and by some accident sombody got their latakia in my 1Q ( ok, so it was probably ghosting) what a treat, I must say.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
I'm not sure what it is, either. It's sweet, that much is for certain. The room note is, too. It's a real wife-pleaser. She walked into the garage during my last bowl and she just said "mmm". I asked her later about it, and she just said it was like walking into a sweet cloud.
Simon

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
Its true, when I'm having a smoke on campus if its some 1Q the gals seem to hang around a bit more than when I'm having some strong English. 8)

jship079

Can't Leave
Oct 17, 2010
I think 1Q is OK I guss I was just disappointed because of all the hype. The flavor to me had a slight vanilla and honey taste.

buck67

Can't Leave
Aug 4, 2010
Little Rock
I agree, honey is definitely a flavor that I get when I smoke it. Vanilla and also kinda nutty at first. The last time I purchased it was a small 2 oz bag at my local B&M, sold as "Wilshire". One of my favs.....

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I can't come up with any common flavors that stand out, just a general;
"Mmmmmmmm.....that's nice."
I do love it,....I may just spend part of this afternoon in an attempt to pick out a few notes.

krgulick

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
It always amazes me how many B&Ms sell 1Q under a different name. Either way it costs them the same to stock it.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Well, here I am about to alienate everyone on the forums.

1-Q is OK. Good, even... for a change of pace.

But it's not a real tobacco experience. Mogan David vs real wine, IMHO.
It may be #1 in the popular ratings; but then again, we owe the abysmal state of television programming to lowest common denominator popular ratings too.

igloo

Lifer
Jan 17, 2010
woodlands tx
After much hoopla I decided to try a smiggen of 1Q . I thought it was ok , not great . I can see why it is liked as it has honey and vanilla tange to it . For me a smoke that changes as it progesses is best and this is one dimensional .

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Well, here I am about to alienate everyone on the forums.

1-Q is OK. Good, even... for a change of pace.

But it's not a real tobacco experience. Mogan David vs real wine, IMHO.

After much hoopla I decided to try a smiggen of 1Q . I thought it was ok , not great . I can see why it is liked as it has honey and vanilla tange to it . For me a smoke that changes as it progresses is best and this is one dimensional .
Maybe that's the point guys.
I like 1Q and have smoked many pounds over the years.

It's a good, maybe even a great "go to" smoke.

For me it kind of resets the palate, so that the flavors of those other more complex blends come screaming through.

If I continually change between "Tin Blends" I seem to have diminishing returns on the flavors. So, I'll have two or three or ten bowls of 1Q then enjoy an off-the-chart bowl of PS Luxury Bulls Eye Flake.
Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.