PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
Next week we’ll have our second meeting on Thursday, May 23 at 8:00PM at Tonic Bar in West Des Moines.
Agenda

1) Announcements and old business

2) Tobacco of the month discussion

3) Pipe demo and discussion
Hope to see you there!
desmoinespipeclub@gmail.com

desmoinespipeclub.tumblr.com

facebook.com/desmoinespipeclub

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Lyle,
I received your voice mail, thank you for the update. Not sure if we need to, but I am just confirming that I will be in attendance at the next DM Pipe Club meeting.
Unfortunately, I found out about the last meeting a bit too late to be able to attend. I had actually just happened to have joined the forum very shortly before hand, and wasn't even 100% sure that it was up and running.
Fortunately, I WILL be able to attend the second meeting, and unless something pops up to prohibit me from coming, I will be there. :D
As you all know, I am a pipe noob, and am still trying to learn about pipes and the (seemingly) endless blends of tobacco out there. Still, I think it will be nice to meet others who share in the hobby, to talk and learn. To be quite honest, I am actually really excited about it! :mrgreen:
BTW: Is there anything we should bring along? I know this may sound like a silly question, but I am being serious. Like, should I simply bring my pouch of Carter Hall and a MM cob, or should I bring my little pipe collection (only four pipes so far) and whatever blends I happen to have on hand (three at the moment)?
Does the bar/club have a fee at the door? Will I need cash, or can I make purchases there with my card?
Thanks, and I hope to see you all there. :)

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
Cool!
No worries about a lack of experience-I think you'll find the group to be very happy to have you join.
There's no cover charge to get in the bar. Just come in, head upstairs, and you'll find us on the upper level patio. If you want buy anything, they take credit cards. Be sure to bring something to smoke, and if you want to bring anything to share or show off go for it!
See you there!

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Thank you for the info Lyle.
Also, DM Pipe Club members, thanks to the generosity of Pipesicle, I will be bringing the remainder of the Penzance he sent me to the pipe club meeting on 05/23/13, and passing it out to whoever would like to try some.
That's right all, FREE Penzance at the next DM Pipe Club meeting! 8)

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
Hi PaintedKlown and welcome to the club. I will be in attendance and looking forward to warmer weather than the last meeting.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Thanks Olewaylon.
I am sure it will be a good time, and am looking forward to meeting everyone. :puffy:
The weather has been holding out pretty good lately, so I think (hope) it should be fine.

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Just giving a little bump to the Des Moines, Iowa Pipe Club thread. Hope to see you all tonight! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.