Status
Not open for further replies.

lyle

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2012
Des Moines, IA, USA
Coming in 2013!
DES MOINES PIPE CLUB
A new club for the enjoyment of pipes, tobaccos, and good company is forming in Central Iowa. For those of you who may be located in central Iowa, please consider joining us!
Contact any of the following, and we will keep you up-to-date as we plan our first meeting. I will also post updates in this forum, but would appreciate some level of individual contact so that we can gauge interest and plan an appropriate venue. Thank you!
desmoinespipeclub@gmail.com

515-664-2117

desmoinespipeclub.tumblr.com

facebook.com/desmoinespipeclub

twitter.com/DMPipeClub

mlaug

Part of the Furniture Now
May 23, 2010
Iowa
I'm in Oskaloosa, Lyle.
I don't get a lot of free time off the farm, but it would be nice to associate with like minded puffers.

mthanded

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
I live over by Carroll and get to Des Moines every couple of weeks or so and my son lives in Des Moines. I'd like to be part of this as well.

olewaylon

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2012
I just liked the facebook page. I live in West Des Moines and picked up the flyer at Davids after enjoying a smoke and some beers tonight. cheers

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Hey guys. New to the forum and pipe smoking, but I am from Des Moines as well. Did this ever get up and running?

briarben

Lurker
Mar 28, 2013
First meeting is on Thursday April 25 8pm at the tonic bar in West Des Moines. up on the second story patio

brdavidson

Lifer
Dec 30, 2012
Good luck gentlemen, we have our 2nd meeting of the Durham Region Pipe Club (just outside of Toronto, Canada) on the 25th. Its a lot of work for the organizers but its so worth it in the end. Enjoy and be sure to post a report on how it went (and pictures, we want lots of pictures!!!)

gecko13

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 2, 2011
Goodyear,AZ
Lyle, I live in Cedar Rapids (about 100 miles NE of DSM), but would like to be in the on this. I can try to make it to a meeting every now and then. That and Bass Pro Shop along with a couple stores I buy wood shop supplies from will be good excuses to make the drive.
:puffy:

paintedklown

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 21, 2013
Hello Lyle, I am the guy who left you a message last night. I apologize that I missed your return call earlier today, but I have had a busy morning.
I would love to attend the next meeting however, please let me know the details of when and where.
I hope you guys don't mind a "noob" joining you. I just started smoking a pipe less than two weeks ago, and actually stumbled across this forum as a result of seeking out information regarding the hobby.
Obviously, I don't have a cool pipe collection, nor a bunch of knowledge to share, but I still think it would be fun to relax with a pipe while meeting some new people. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.