Pipes Magazine » General Discussion

Tags:   

Dental, Briefly

(9 posts)
  1. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

At my tooth cleaning yesterday (which I will not post on youTube) an ancient root canal crown, molar, popped off from decay. It was about 30 years old. I knew it was no longer a permanent item, but had been biding my time. So in the near future, off to the dentist who can take out the root tips, and also the jagged little point that catches at my tongue. A pipe hiatus for me, maybe my cue to clean the collection, the pipes not the teeth, though I work on those too. Eventually, I'll see what I can get for the gold crown. Meanwhile, my wife is getting a dental splint for sleep apnea. A great year for dentists, from us to them. Invest in dental supplies.

Posted 5 months ago #
  2. zitotczito

zitotczito

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

I am empathetic. A broken crown in December, than an abscess due to a fractured root on another crowned tooth which is over 25 years old. After a complete exam, consults with an endodontist, periodontist, orthodontist and oral surgeon, I need the tooth pulled, bone graft, implant post and tooth replacement, two crowns replaced (both very old) and another crown due to a cracked tooth that will fail so I may as well fix it now.

Hence my recent tobacco sale.

All of them said the same thing, no pipes for awhile once work starts next week. Getting older has its costs.

Posted 5 months ago #
  3. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Boy, zito, you've had a lot of dental issues all at once. I hope everything gets done as needed with minimal discomfort. I have to go back to my general dentistry doc this p.m and have a burr filed off the gap where the crown was, and I see the oral surgeon next month to get the "root points" removed. Old teeth. Yup, pipes and dental work don't go together; one at a time.

Posted 5 months ago #
  4. bluesmk

bluesmk

Login to Send PM

October,November, and December I had a series of 7 lower teeth removed. Two Crowned molars failed at the root. Long story short I got a lower plate for Christmas. Yes gettin old sucks.
    Dan
    Gabrieli Pipes

Posted 5 months ago #
  5. lifesizehobbit

lifesizehobbit

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Best to you on your work and recovery; I just finished replacing 2 front teeth w/implants. About a full year no piping.

Dave "Black Frigate Stowaway"
    Posted 5 months ago #
  6. mso489

mso489

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

Went back to my regular dentist and had the burr that bugged me, from where the crown broke out, filed down. No more jabbing at the tongue. The root tips come out mid/late February. My wife and I joke that after a certain age it is fiscally irresponsible to have teeth. But you have to eat. If there's a take-home lesson from this part of the episode, I'd say, when the dentist asks you how it feels when he's completed a procedure, don't get optimistic and forbearing, be fussy, critical minded, and entirely honest and take a minute; it will save you both time from your having to go back. My doc didn't charge me but included it with yesterday's bill.

Posted 5 months ago #
  7. bluesmk

bluesmk

Login to Send PM

I here ya mso! lifesized, I have too much bone loss from disease, implants are out four me.
    Dan
    Gabrieli Pipes

Posted 5 months ago #
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

instymp

Preferred Member

Login to Send PM

MSO..Hope all works out!

Posted 5 months ago #
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

lawmax3

Login to Send PM

mso and zito,
    Hope things get fixed smoothly and without pain with your dental issues.
    My wife is a hygienist and my son will start dental school in July.
    I personally hate going to the dentist...My wife knows I am a big chicken!

Posted 5 months ago #

You must log in to post.

Back To Top  | Back to Forum Home Page

Members Online Now
   mortonbriar