PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have been looking for some unusual furniture for my den/lounge/man cave and stumbled across this vintage mid century modern sectional/sofa. Paid $30 for both pcs. I really like the crushed red velvet. And it was in nearly perfect condition.

Think the ottoman is getting recovered in crushed velvet to match.

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
I am digging it! We just bought a house in November of last year. The basement is finished and the wife gave me the ok to claim it haha. Going to start man caving it this weekend!

jiujitsubowl

Can't Leave
May 19, 2015
Muskegon Michigan
voorhees. Check out a local guy here in Michigan http://www.badmoonstudio.com/. He takes old beer/whiskey barrels and makes all kinds of man cave goods. I just bought a beer barrel plank bottle cap opener. Would go great with your room!

tarak

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
South Dakota
I hate you for having that room!
I'd love to have an indoors place to smoke. I was starting to sway my wife on a room in the basement, but now we are debating moving and I don't want to contribute any smell until I'm positive we are not needing to sell for awhile.

layinpipe

Lifer
Feb 28, 2014
I am envious! Man, pics of ppl's mancave setups are killing me and make me hate smoking in the heat and humidity this time of year and the freezing ass cold in the opposite even more! You guys that have your own mancaves/man-retreats are truly lucky, please don't take them for granted, if only for poor man-caveless chaps like me.
Maybe i should set up a website or infomercial for a foundation to fund poor man-caveless pipe smokers. You know, with a depressing kill-yoursef-from-sadness Sarah McLachlan song in the background and pitiful pipe smokers in the worst of weather; the ones deprived of a proper cave of manliness with 4 walls and HVAC equipped. And plush velvet couches. And ottomans. And a big flatscreen. And hot chicks in skimpy bikinis fanning you with banana leaves and tamping and relighting your pipe on command.
I think it could do well, at least better than the aforementioned ones with the puppies and kittens that make me immediately turn the channel instead of waiting through the tearjerking photos/videos of all the abused animals that evoke feelings of self guilt if you do not call and contribute. All the while Sarah MacLachlan, who has been irrelevant for well over a decade, is rambling on about our subconscious responsibility for these poor animals' unfortunate situations, to the background symphany of misery that is the adult contemporary smash hit 90's atrocity of a song. A song that has ruined good moods and manipulated the emotions of people all over the world for about 20 years now. Ya gotta love tv and the media!
Congrats on the new digs in the smoking hut, buddy...stoked for ya!!!

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
Really nice room but you will want to get rid of cloth covered furniture and curtains. They really retain the smell of smoke. Particularly if you and/or you amigos are cigar smokers.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
While I agree ghost, I just have to deal with it. I can change curtains and this furniture is mine for the long haul. Carpets can be replaced as well in time. None of my friends are smokers, particularly cigars or pipes. I'm a lone smoker here.

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Jason, yea it burns easy, my Mother was not too happy with me when I burned hers, that's how she found out I smoked. Maybe Scothguard it real heavy and it won't absorb odors easily? Anyway it's a cool looking color.

jkrug

Lifer
Jan 23, 2015
That couch looks great in there, really suits the room well. A real nice lounge you have for sure. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.